cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Setting for Zoom Ipad

ashish531
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am using ipad for ZOOM. Like on laptop, you can see the audio settings for the meeting which tells you which speaker zoom is using and which mic it is using. how do I find that settings for ipad.? I am connecting with an external mic via lightning. audience can hear my voice but I can't hear there voice. Pls advise. Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

anissat
Community Champion | Customer

There are no similar settings for the iPad, only because the majority of users aren't typically using additional audio hardware with iPads. It seems that the external mic input that you are using to capture your voice is also routing (and therefore blocking) your speaker output.

I use a Rode audio adapter which features 2 microphone inputs, and 1 headphone output, and it has worked beautifully. (There are similar adapters that are cheaper.)

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

anissat

There are no similar settings for the iPad, only because the majority of users aren't typically using additional audio hardware with iPads. It seems that the external mic input that you are using to capture your voice is also routing (and therefore blocking) your speaker output.

I use a Rode audio adapter which features 2 microphone inputs, and 1 headphone output, and it has worked beautifully. (There are similar adapters that are cheaper.)

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat

This worked thanks so much for your help. Thx

Hi Anissat,

I'm also wishing to connect a bluetooth speaker (amplifier actually) over Zoom setup to my iPad for a music concert... iPad's speakers don't remotely cut it. 

Since when was "only because the majority of users aren't typically" a reasons for hobbling software options? Minority users include people with disabilities,  including hearing issues.