cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to Zoom

SQ009
Explorer
Explorer

Currently and in recent years up to a week ago have been able to log in to Zoom on my home PC. However yesterday could not log and error message was - Your app version needs to be 5.16.6 or higher to sign in -

Can see my profile on the zoom website but unable to contact Technical Support. Do not know how to proceed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SQ009
Explorer
Explorer

Good news. After searching the net came across an older post on zoom regarding this same issue.

Have now solved the issue by uninstalling and then re-installing zoom on my PC. The re-installing was with the latest version which I can now use.

Thank you again for your help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

colegs
Community Champion | Employee

@SQ009 - Every quarter, Zoom updates the minimum required version for running Zoom.  This is both to ensure any security updates are applied, and also because it is not possible to support an infinite number of previous versions of the software concurrently.  To resolve this, go to the download center and download the latest release and install it on your PC.

Thank you for your response. Have downloaded from the website today but this shows as version 5.15.7. Therefore I still have a problem.

Thank you again for your response.

I have the same problem

colegs

Version 5.17.5 is going to be the minimum version come November, and should work for you now.  If you check for updates once you load it, you will be able to verify if there is a newer version you can update to as well since there may be a dependency on loading an older version before loading the next version.

SQ009
Explorer
Explorer

Thank you again for your reply and help.

Tried again today and downloaded Zoom for PC from the website today but this shows again as version 5.15.7. Therefore I still have a problem.

Appreciate your assistance and I plan to try again to contact Zoom somehow and also search the internet for any other help.

SQ009
Explorer
Explorer

Good news. After searching the net came across an older post on zoom regarding this same issue.

Have now solved the issue by uninstalling and then re-installing zoom on my PC. The re-installing was with the latest version which I can now use.

Thank you again for your help.