Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4K Monitor causing slow down?

KJ7
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello,

I just updated to a new 32" LP 4K monitor. This is a higher resolution than I was running previously. Now, when I engage Zoom everything serious lags. It's not just screen sharing or anything, just starting. It does get a little better with the camera off and minimal people on, but its still lags.

I've optimized my screen resolution (3840x2160) and the recommended scaling (150%). I'm running a new desktop with an Intel UHD and AMD Radeon RX57 GPUs. I'm hardwired in.

One suggestion I see online is to lower the resolution of my desktop. That seems counterproductive to having a new monitor. Any suggestions for getting Zoom to respond better?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

ewatson807
Newcomer
Newcomer

Just FYI, it's not necessarily the 4K monitor, but rather the DPI (scaling) being set to 150%. I just opened a case for a user at my work...they're seeing Zoom take a while to join a meeting and their mouse-clicks don't register, which made the user think Zoom was frozen and they were unable to end the meeting they were hosting -- as soon as I changed their DPI scaling to 100%, all that bugginess went away...but with the scaling at 100% and the screen resolution at 3840 x 2160, everything on the screen is too small to read -- I really hope Zoom fixes this in an upcoming release.

Wow, for the user at my work, we just decided to try a different configuration between the two 4K monitors; we decided that instead of using two DisplayPort cables, we changed to connecting to one monitor via USB-C and the other monitor with a DisplayPort -- as soon as we did that, we noticed the monitors were now running at 60Hz rather than 30Hz; and everything seems to be behaving.

NS5
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am having the same issue, constant zoom freeze seconds after launching a zoom meeting since using 4k dual monitors. Nothing worked for me. Any update fron Zoom on this?

Thank you, 

Wacokidtech
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm in total agreement with all you. I've got dual 32" 4K monitors and am having the same problems. I'll take a look at that scaling. Thank you.