cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

document camera footage hesitates when watching Zoom recording

Bteghtme
Newcomer
Newcomer

I teach art classes online and use a document camera to demonstrate.  There are no issues when I am working live.  However, in the recording the footage from the document camera hesitates.  The students responding in Zoom are fine.  Is there a setting I need to make sure I am using so that this does not happen.  It hesitates ever 2-3 seconds.  

2 REPLIES 2

tschmidt
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am having the exact same issue.  I use an IPEVO document camera for art demonstrations.  Suddenly, recently, the post production viewing shows skipped frames and freezing, not catching all the frames.  I have both zoom and the IPEVO document camera set to HD and I even lowered the resolution on the camera in order to try to make it easier for the recording.  Nothing helps.  Also, my bandwidth and wi-fi connection is very good.  This is something that has started recently and I never had this problem before.  The camera is updated and so is zoom with all its drivers and software.  Apparently, no one from Zoom is checking on this thread.  

MGSR

Welcome to the Zoom Community @Bteghtme and @tschmidt! We sincerely appreciate your contribution to bringing up this issue and sharing it with the community. Such participation is highly encouraged, as it allows other users to provide solutions and assistance.

Zoom captures the data it receives, and often, lagging or skipped frames may result from bandwidth fluctuations. If you're utilizing cloud recording, we recommend opting for local recording instead. Local recording, especially of the local speaker, typically yields superior results as it doesn't rely on transmitting data to Zoom servers and awaiting quality feedback. Instead, it records the original video and audio, ensuring the highest possible quality. 
Any issues encountered with local recording of the local speaker should primarily stem from the camera or operating system itself, and we would encourage checking if the firmware is up to date. This is because Zoom simply records locally whatever data it receives from the operating system.

If this solves your concern, you may press Accept as Solution.
Should you need further assistance, please let us know.

Thank you, and have a fantastic day!