cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webinar Audio Quality Poor

TAG_Videography
Newcomer
Newcomer

We hosted a dress rehearsal for some webinars we are hosting through Zoom. We are hosting the webinar in a multi-cam studio, our subjects have lapel mics, and all the video and audio feeds are being fed through a Blackmagic Atem Switcher. 

The video and audio is being sent through to a Mac Studio, which receives it as a camera input. This is coming through to Zoom.

Monitoring the audio that is being received in the studio control room, everything sounds great. The audio being received on the attendee devices however, is very muffled and barely distinguishable. We have tried through different devices - mobiles using the app and laptops as well. 

I just wanted to check to see if there's some basic setting that might need changing or something? I have the background noise suppression set to low, and when I change it to anything else it creates a high pitch ringing/feedback noise.

There is a small chance something is affecting the audio before it goes through to Zoom, but I find that unlikely.

All help is appreciated - There's just under two weeks until the first webinar session.

1 REPLY 1

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Are you monitoring all of your events downstream with a device connected as a participant? Broadcast 101.

To clarify - your audio is traveling out the ATEM's USB-C connection into the Mac Studio, correct? You would need to be able to record/test this in another application to make sure it's hitting the computer cleanly (before you even start troubleshooting Zoom issues).

If the audio is clean when recording with another application, you may wish to try "original sound for musicians" mode, which should remove most/all audio processing on Zoom's side.

Be careful if there are far-end participants, as this setting can introduce feedback when mutes aren't operated properly.

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0059985#h_01GZ2K7TDMTK8YCKCTQ4JJ2N...