cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Intermission Zoom Events

3tAcademy
Newcomer
Newcomer

Is it possible to run a pre-recorded video in the lobby of a multi-session event for intermission/lunch? I want to run pre-recorded interviews during our break. I am not sure this can be done in zoom events. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Greetings, @3tAcademy@lchristensen456, and @MelodyMB 

I've done this... but it takes some careful planning, and has some pitfalls.

No, you can't cause just any old video to play in the lobby unattended.  But you can stream to the lobby from a meeting or webinar.  I created a Meeting and called it "Broadcast Booth - Do Not Enter", and livestreamed to the lobby.  The problem is that people will enter... so you have to either lock the room or enable the waiting room.

People will still see the Join button on your "impromptu meeting" once you start it.  This is where I'd really like to see an "incognito" meeting setting -- one that would not show it in the lobby or session listing except for Hosts and Alt-Hosts of the meeting, wouldn't show the Join button on the Lobby screen, and not be accessible by anyone without "permission".

A webinar has the same issue.  You can't livestream until you click the blue Start Webinar button.... and then the Join button shows up in the lobby, etc.

This is a popular request.  Help us all by entering a Feature Request here: https://www.zoom.us/feed 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

lchristensen456
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have the same question and am also wondering if it is possible to have a host show their own video and sound in the Lobby?

joshbrage_ZE
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

Today, a Zoom Events Lobby can support direct upload/display of 60 second clips.

Another popular solution is to be running a separate "break" session and live stream that to the lobby. Could even just have a single host with shared content that is being streamed to the lobby for video rolls, announcements, etc... Would love for you to experiment and come back and tell us if that works for you!

MelodyMB
Newcomer
Newcomer

I want to be able to have longer videos than 60 seconds for sessions. Zoom Events won't be suitable for our needs until you can upload videos to run.

Ray_Harwood

Greetings, @3tAcademy@lchristensen456, and @MelodyMB 

I've done this... but it takes some careful planning, and has some pitfalls.

No, you can't cause just any old video to play in the lobby unattended.  But you can stream to the lobby from a meeting or webinar.  I created a Meeting and called it "Broadcast Booth - Do Not Enter", and livestreamed to the lobby.  The problem is that people will enter... so you have to either lock the room or enable the waiting room.

People will still see the Join button on your "impromptu meeting" once you start it.  This is where I'd really like to see an "incognito" meeting setting -- one that would not show it in the lobby or session listing except for Hosts and Alt-Hosts of the meeting, wouldn't show the Join button on the Lobby screen, and not be accessible by anyone without "permission".

A webinar has the same issue.  You can't livestream until you click the blue Start Webinar button.... and then the Join button shows up in the lobby, etc.

This is a popular request.  Help us all by entering a Feature Request here: https://www.zoom.us/feed 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !