cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speaker (presenter) can't access Backstage

SimplyAli
Participant
Participant

A webinar speaker added and joined by the speaker quick link but he couldn't see or access Backstage. I was able to access the Backstage, but the speaker joined straight in the Webinar area and didn't have the option for Backstage. How do I make sure all speakers have access to Backstage?

UPDATE: answer given below is not correct for my problem. I am talking about a person not the hardware on my computer.

UPDATE 2: this was solved by the speaker updating their Zoom to the newest version. He initially thought it was up-to- date but found that his computer's security had actually prevented his Zoom app from updating.

5 REPLIES 5

Nisha1
Explorer
Explorer

If your speaker is unable to access Backstage, here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Restart your speaker: Sometimes a simple restart can fix connectivity issues. Turn off your speaker, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.

2. Check Wi-Fi settings: Ensure that your speaker is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network. Double-check the network name and password to make sure they are entered correctly.

3. Reset network settings: If the Wi-Fi connection seems to be the problem, you can try resetting the network settings on your speaker. This will remove any saved network configurations, allowing you to reconnect to Wi-Fi from scratch.

4. Update firmware and app: Make sure that both your speaker's firmware and the Backstage app are up to date. Outdated software versions can sometimes cause compatibility issues.

5. Check for firewall or security settings: If you have a firewall or security software enabled on your network, it may be blocking the speaker's access to Backstage. Temporarily disable the firewall or adjust the settings to allow the speaker's connection.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it's recommended to contact customer support for further assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on the make and model of your speaker and help you troubleshoot the problem effectively.

Thanks, but by Speaker I mean the person who is presenting in my webinar (panellist), not a sound speaker on my computer.

joshschoenick
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have users reporting this same issue in 2024. Have you learned anything more since this post?

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @joshschoenick.

This used to be because a speaker had a version of Zoom installed that was created before Backstage was a thing... and the default/fallback process was to put the speaker in the actually "on stage" part of the webinar.

Now, all versions of Zoom that meet the quarterly upgrade requirement are Backstage-compatible, so this technical issue should no longer be a problem.

If you have other situations occurring, if you can describe the specific situations, that will help us troubleshoot, and see if it's a technical versus and procedural issue.

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Ray_Harwood

I also learned today that Backstage can’t be accessed from the Web Browser version of the app. 

Ray_Harwood_0-1721259489680.png

From https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0060862 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !