cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host asks me to be a Panelist But Zoom Only Asks If I Want Mute

dmcguire
Newcomer
Newcomer

Every single time I'm in a webinar, from different hosts, whether it's on my laptop or my android phone, and when the hosts clicks the button to make me a panelist, the message on my end asks if i want to unmute or stay muted. it never asks if i accept being a panelist. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I'm signed in already. this is ridiculous.

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @dmcguire.

A host has two options for allowing an audience member -- whom we generally refer to as an attendee -- to interact via audio and/or video:

Ray_Harwood_0-1720749807766.png

With Allow to talk, you will be asked to unmute your microphone, but you will not be asked to become a panelist.  Your only interaction with the Panelists will be to speak with them.  Zoom will create a "blank" card representing you with your name displayed, but that's it.

With Promote to panelist, you'll get a prompt to join the panelists, which will -- if you accept it -- allow you to join and fully participate with the panelists with audio and video.

You may have asked to be promoted to the panel, or you might have been told you were being promoted to the panel, but the Host only selected the Allow to talk option. 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !