cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Zoom Webinar platform/license collect attendee emails?

releon
Newcomer
Newcomer

We currently use Zoom Meetings which does not collect attendee email addresses for people outside of our organization. We will be switching to Zoom Webinars soon. I've had different experiences when I attend a webinar in the Zoom Webinar platform. Sometimes I'm asked to provide my name and email (I'm not asked to log into my own Zoom account) before I can enter the webinar and other times all I have to do is click on the provided link.

Is there an administrative setting in Zoom Webinars that turns on the option to request/require people to enter their name and email?

Thanks for your help.

2 REPLIES 2

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello @releon 

Welcome to the Zoom Community! We're glad to have you here.

Both meetings and webinars can be set to have registration by the host.

You can check out these articles on how to set it up for meetings and webinars.

Have a great day!

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Thanks Mark, but that's not exactly what I'm talking about. We have our own registration system that is not connected to Zoom. Upon registration on our website, we provide the Zoom link and password for the event. 

When I've attended webinars in Zoom Webinars, sometimes I'm asked to log in with my name and email after clicking on the Join link (this is not a registration/authentication step) and other times I'm able to just click on the Join link and enter the webinar. At least I'm pretty sure that's the case. I hope that makes sense.

Rebecca