cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

private zoom meetings recorded and/or used in AI training?

joelsolymosi
Listener

Hi, are private zoom meeting videos stored on server side and/or used in AI training in any way shape whatsoever?

Note that I am intentionally being vague with the question, to be inclusive of any and all video storage zoom-side, and any and all AI training. Note this is specifically referring to https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=37021160  . Note that no consent was given on my side to any of this; and if any consent was implied, it is hereby revoked.

Kindly let me know.

12 REPLIES 12

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @joelsolymosi thank you for your concerns and welcome to the community! Here is our proactive blog post that explains our most recent changes to the Terms of Service.

It explains how our Gen AI features give account owners and admins control over which features are enabled and how data sharing is handled.

Additionally, it makes clear that participants are informed when Gen AI features are activated via the Zoom user interface.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

The "proactive answer" (management babble) is highly concerning! Can you provide a real and legally binding answer, please!?

Manel-H
Listener

it is unclear what Service Generate Data actually is. Could you please provide a list of what exactly SGD is?

D-A-N
Listener

so, to clarify, if we do not click yes on the Zoom IQ button ON EACH CALL, you DO NOT have permission to use our video / audio content for AI training, correct? 

Or do you consider that we agreed to it in the TOS when we upgraded most recently?

This is "bad user design" by default. That would not be legal (or bordeline illegal) within the EU jurisdiction!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @D-A-N for Zoom IQ Meeting summary, meeting participants are given notice when Meeting Summary is turned on. They can then choose to leave the meeting if they wish.

The meeting host can start or stop a summary at any time IF the host has enabled these AI features for their accounts. More details are available here

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

heveas
Listener

We are also deeply concerned with today´s post in today´s Stackdiary

If we can not EASILY opt out of our private, personal and proprietary data being abused by an AI monkey, the we will unzoom Zoom right away! The terms might even be outright illegally imposed on EU-based customers?

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

We’ve updated our terms of service (in section 10.4) to further confirm that we will not use audio, video, or chat customer content to train our artificial intelligence models without your consent. In addition, our blog post has been edited to include the most up to date information.

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

This needs to be a much louder and more publicly known response.

aokala
Listener

I think Zoom may wish to let the public know about what is being captured for AI training. Zoom has been my favored videoconferencing tool, but I had a client tell me yesterday they will no longer accept Zoom meetings because of their fear of being used for AI training. If this becomes a trend, I'll need to move to a different videoconferencing vendor.

heveas
Listener

That is our position as well. If this is not debunked immediately by the CEO of Zoom, we will also dezoom with immediate effect!

drkdh
Listener

My company is also poised to leave Zoom, as are several of my peer company leaders.