cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off AI Companion Data Sharing

ZoomProfileName
Newcomer
Newcomer

This blog post stated that is is possible to turn on Zoom AI features but disable sharing data to train the tool. However, the toggle to turn off data sharing shown in the "Account owners or administrators provide consent" section does not exist. What is the process to turn off data sharing but still use the features?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @ZoomProfileName 

The resulting transcript and summary are included in the "audio, video, chat, screen sharing, attachments or other communications-like customer content", as those are just a different version of your in-meeting content and would not be used to train our AI models. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Bort

Hi @ZoomProfileName 

That blog is out-of-date at this point (we're working to get it updated), as Zoom "does not use any of your audio, video, chat, screen sharing, attachments or other communications-like customer content (such as poll results, whiteboard and reactions) to train Zoom’s or its third-party artificial intelligence models" (Source)

The data sharing option was removed from the AI Companion settings, as we shifted to the stance above regarding data sharing for AI features. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Как отключить кнопки на панели конференции: "Сводка" и "AI Companion"?

How to disable the buttons on the conference panel: "Summary" and "AI Companion"?

Bort

Hi @haimakrav 

Here's how to disable these features and hide them from the in-meeting toolbar: 

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit account settings.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Account Management then Account Settings.
  3. Click the AI Companion tab.
  4. Under Meeting, click the Meeting Summary with AI Companion and AI Companion Questions toggles to disable them.
  5. Click the lock icon and then click Lock to confirm the setting.
    With these settings disabled and locked, you can then see and adjust the in-meeting visibility of these settings. 
  6. Click the option so that you see Hidden in Meetings toolbar displayed, which indicates meeting participants will not see the in-meeting option. 

Doing that for both settings should hide them from your meeting participants, but external meetings you join may still allow these settings to be visible.

Thanks for this. I'm still not clear if it's possible to actually disable AI Companion entirely?

The language isn't clear as to whether Zoom does use the transcripts of meetings to train the AI model. The audio, video, and actual user communications aren't used, but is it correct that the AI output (i.e., the transcript of the audio, video, and user communications) is used to train the model?

Bort

Hi @ZoomProfileName 

The resulting transcript and summary are included in the "audio, video, chat, screen sharing, attachments or other communications-like customer content", as those are just a different version of your in-meeting content and would not be used to train our AI models. 

Please provide a URL that states Zoom will not use any customer meeting data (chat, video recording, logins, etc to train ai tools.  All customer-generated content is exempt from use by Zoom except to generate reports requested by the customer / owner of the data.

Bort

Hi @Bundy

You can refer to this Data Handling support article, or the Zoom AI Companion Security and Privacy Whitepaper for more detailed information. 

YaBoiB

Hello @ZoomProfileName

I believe that Zoom IQ and the Zoom AI companion are two separate functions. As you can see in our support article for the Zoom AI companion we do not use customer data to train this model. 

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0057960

Zoom IQ when purchased can have the data not shared. It is popular with our Enterprise and SMB customers. If you are interested in getting Zoom IQ which I believe we call Zoom Revenue Accelerator now. Please speak to one of our Zoom Sales reps and I am sure that they can get that added to your account. 

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0059301

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

How to disable the buttons on the conference panel: "Summary" and "AI Companion"?

YaBoiB

Hello @haimakrav 

@bort answered that question above. I defer to him. He is much more of an expert on this topic than I am. 

Thanks, 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?