cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run AI companion on a recording

dupervalconsult
Listener

Hi,

This week I recorded two meeting and I'm pretty sure I launched the AI companion, but I never received the transcript. Is there any way to ask the AI companion to produce a summary for an existing recording?

Also, can the AI companion be started after a meeting has started and a recording has started? It seems to me that the summaries I didn't get were for recordings where I launched the AI tool while the meeting was already ongoing.

Thanks,

L

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @dupervalconsult 

If you enabled the Meeting Summary feature during the meeting, a summary should be generated for the portion(s) of the meeting where the feature was active. So, if I started the feature 5 minutes into the meeting, the summary will include everything from that point on and the first 5 minutes will be excluded from the transcript and summary. 

It's not possible for us to generate a summary after the fact, but if it was enabled during the meeting, our support teams can investigate if it was enabled and why it hasn't finished processing. Please submit a request if you would like our teams to look further into this. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Bort

Hi @dupervalconsult 

If you enabled the Meeting Summary feature during the meeting, a summary should be generated for the portion(s) of the meeting where the feature was active. So, if I started the feature 5 minutes into the meeting, the summary will include everything from that point on and the first 5 minutes will be excluded from the transcript and summary. 

It's not possible for us to generate a summary after the fact, but if it was enabled during the meeting, our support teams can investigate if it was enabled and why it hasn't finished processing. Please submit a request if you would like our teams to look further into this. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @dupervalconsult I have gone ahead and marked  @Bort's solution as a solution as I found it helpful.  If you have further questions, feel free to ask! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

dupervalconsult
Listener

Yes, thank you. I read the message while doing something else and did not come back to it. I'll pay closer attention the next time it happens to understand why it happened.