cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to explicitly opt out of AI Training?

noaitraining
Listener

I'm still very confused about the new update to the Terms of Service related to zoom using our content to train its AI. I understand that it isn't done without our consent, but I don't see a place in settings to explicitly opt out. Does this option even exist? What does giving or removing our consent look like if there isn't even a mention of AI/artificial intelligence or training when I search settings?

This is extremely frustrating. Thank you for the transparency but there are still so many questions.

9 REPLIES 9

supportisys
Listener

Thank you for asking this! I had the same question. There is no apparent way to not give consent. How do I determine if we've not given consent already?

So sick of AI spying on us - what reason to have zoom if not privacy protected?  Whole reason for being is down the toilet! 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @noaitraining @2MariaWalker1 @supportisys welcome to the community and appreciate your feedback for your concerns! 

1. You're not seeing this Zoom IQ or settings to configure is because Meeting summary and Team Chat compose with Zoom IQ are currently available in English only to Zoom One packages (Enterprise Plus, Enterprise, Business Plus, Business, Pro) and select Zoom legacy bundles (Enterprise Named Host, Enterprise Active Host, Zoom Meetings Enterprise, Zoom Meetings Business, Zoom Meetings Pro) — as free trials for a limited time. More info here

Because you're a Basic (free) plan type customer, Zoom IQ is excluded for use and able to configure those settings. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Thank you for your response but I wasn't quite expecting a "not your problem since you're not paying for it" type of response. I work for a company that uses paid features so I'm asking in a more broader sense.

Glad someone with a pro subscription happened to enter the conversation so that we could gain some insight into that process.

mbw123
Listener

@RN - I have a Pro subscription. So how can I opt out of Zoom AI (the items being discussed this week in the news)? Thank you

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@mbw123  Zoom Generative AI features are default off. Customers decide whether to enable generative AI features, and separately whether to share customer content with Zoom for product improvement purposes.  An example of what it looks like for an account owner or admin to opt in and enable these features is provided in the blog, as well as an example of what a meeting attendee will see when they are turned on.

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I also have a Pro account and I can't figure out how to connect with anyone from Zoom. I work in healthcare, and I'm uncomfortable with the possibility of the sharing of any data. Is the healthcare plan more secure. If so, is it complicated to change over? 

@LuminateJenn I definitely recommend checking out the section for our healthcare customers in the blog linked above, as it has more specifics. If you would like to switch over to a healthcare plan there are details, including information on hipaa, available here. Clicking the "Get Started" button on that page will show you different plan options, or you may contact sales if you have specific questions about switching over.

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

mbw123
Listener

Thank you