cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIPPA compliance & New AI Terms & Condition

danielle007
Explorer
Explorer

I see there is new AI language in the terms & agreements. How does that impact the HIPPA compliance considerations? How does the AI ignore the PHI? I haven't been able to get int touch with actual support, but would need a legal answer on this from Zoom.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

VA
Community Moderator | Employee

Edited 3/4/24 with the most recent info - please also see @Bort 's response below!

Zoom Generative AI features are default off. Zoom does not use any customer audio, video, chat, screen sharing, attachments, or other communications like customer content (such as poll results, whiteboard, and reactions) to train Zoom’s or its third-party artificial intelligence models. https://www.zoom.com/en/blog/zooms-term-service-ai/ 

(now out of date) Customers decide whether to enable generative AI features, and separately whether to share customer content with Zoom for product improvement purposes.  Account owners and administrators are in charge of these settings and consents and can select whether to provide their customer content to Zoom for product improvement purposes, including AI model training. An example of what it looks like to enable these features is provided in the blog, as well as an example of what a meeting attendee will see when they are turned on.

Virginia
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

Bort
Community Champion | Employee

Hi @Priscilla2 

That blog post is very out of date at this point, as we changed our stance and, as noted in this data handling support article, "not use any of your audio, video, chat, screen sharing, attachments or other communications-like customer content (such as poll results, whiteboard and reactions) to train Zoom’s or its third-party artificial intelligence models."

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

VA

Hi @danielle007 We’ve updated our terms of service (in section 10.4) to further confirm that we will not use audio, video, or chat customer content to train our artificial intelligence models without your consent. In addition, our blog post has been edited to include information for our healthcare customers.

Virginia
Zoom Community Team

danielle007
Explorer
Explorer

Hi Virginia I don't see where I can revoke the consent. It seems like when you accept the terms & conditions, you're giving consent. So where do you revoke it? I work with thousands of agents so this is an important element for us to know specifically where to revoke that consent. Thanks!

VA

Edited 3/4/24 with the most recent info - please also see @Bort 's response below!

Zoom Generative AI features are default off. Zoom does not use any customer audio, video, chat, screen sharing, attachments, or other communications like customer content (such as poll results, whiteboard, and reactions) to train Zoom’s or its third-party artificial intelligence models. https://www.zoom.com/en/blog/zooms-term-service-ai/ 

(now out of date) Customers decide whether to enable generative AI features, and separately whether to share customer content with Zoom for product improvement purposes.  Account owners and administrators are in charge of these settings and consents and can select whether to provide their customer content to Zoom for product improvement purposes, including AI model training. An example of what it looks like to enable these features is provided in the blog, as well as an example of what a meeting attendee will see when they are turned on.

Virginia
Zoom Community Team

Great! Thanks for the clarification!

Hi Virginia,  

Once I turn AI companion on, there is no separate option to opt out of sharing customer content with Zoom for product improvement purposes.

Would you say this feature is not GDPR compliant then?  

Bort

Hi @Priscilla2 

That blog post is very out of date at this point, as we changed our stance and, as noted in this data handling support article, "not use any of your audio, video, chat, screen sharing, attachments or other communications-like customer content (such as poll results, whiteboard and reactions) to train Zoom’s or its third-party artificial intelligence models."

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.