cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate AI companion summary of meeting after the meeting has ended

RickR
Listener

I hosted and recorded a Zoom meeting yesterday, but did not turn on the AI summary. The meeting is saved in the cloud. I would now like to generate an AI summary of the meeting.

How do I do that?

Thanks!

RickR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @RickR 

Unfortunately, the Meeting Summary feature must be enabled during the live meeting for a summary to be generated and shared. It is currently not possible for the Zoom's AI Companion to generate a summary after the meeting has already ended. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Bort

Hi @RickR 

Unfortunately, the Meeting Summary feature must be enabled during the live meeting for a summary to be generated and shared. It is currently not possible for the Zoom's AI Companion to generate a summary after the meeting has already ended. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Bummer. 
thanks Bort for the clear, speedy reply. 

I am very sad to read this. Maybe a future improvement? Our admin mistakenly changed the whole account setting and removed the auto turn on of this feature and now we have 8 important meetings without notes - I would have loved to be able to run the recordings through some sort of system. Oh well.

Hi Bort, I had the summary enabled, but though I see text reflecting that a summary was generated, I am unable to open it. Can you advise?

Chrisidge
Listener

Hi @Bort ,  Is there currently an issue with AI summary? I have started a summary while in a meeting, and stopped when the meeting is ended. The AI summary says it is generated but when I go to retrieve it, it say "Summary is not available", also, "Next steps are not available."

Regards

Chris

I am having the same issue had AI smary on but am getting the same message you are

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Please visit the Zoom Service Status (http://status.zoom.us) for current services status and maintenance periods for all Zoom services.

There are none currently listed, but there was an issue Nov 8.

Nov 8, 2023
Resolved - This incident has been resolved.
Nov 8, 07:49 PST
Monitoring - Issues with Zoom AI Companion service has been resolved, we will continue to monitor and provide updates as we have them.
Nov 8, 07:40 PST
Identified - We have identified the issues with Zoom AI Companion, we will continue to investigate and provide updates as we have them.
Nov 8, 07:11 PST
Update - We have identified the issues with Zoom AI Companion services, we will provide updates as we have them.
Nov 8, 06:52 PST
Investigating - We are investigating the issues with with Zoom AI Companion services for a subset of users, we will provide updates as we have them.

Regards,
If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Hi @Frank_TB 

Thanks for the detailed response. However, the meeting summary with AI companion is still note working. I can start and stop the AI summary in the meeting, but it does not produce any summary. Instead it reads "Summary is not available."

Regards

Chris

Frank_TB

Very odd. I tested it ;ast night and it worked for me.

Are you able to submit a Zoom support ticket with your account type?

Regards

Hi @Frank_TB , thanks, I can and will do just that. I'm on a Business Plus account

Regards 

Chris

gregsonn230
Listener

I have AI Companion activated and it worked perfectly the first time I used it. I have since used it twice and accepted the "got it" notice on screen, but I am not receiving an email with the summary and there is nothing available within the AI Companion section of my Zoom control panel. Can you tell me why its stopped working???

Bort

Hi @gregsonn230 

Just to check, the 2 meetings since the first successful use of Meeting Summary...were those hosted by you or was it someone else's meeting you joined. 

Asking because if you joined someone else's meeting, their settings may have restricted who receives the meeting summary. 

gregsonn230
Listener

Yes, I hosted the meetings and both I and the other person on the meetings selected "got it" when the AI Companion notification appeared on the screen. 

Bort

Hi @gregsonn230 

That's odd. I know there have been some delays lately with receiving the meeting summary, but I'm not sure why it failed. If you are able, I'd suggest submitting a ticket with Zoom Support directly, as they can look more into the backend reason why it failed to generated summaries for those meetings.