cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does not work intermittently

saraCMP
Listener

Our whole team (on a Business/Business Plus/Enterprise Plan) is having issues with the Meeting Summary not being generated. Out of 4 meetings in a day, 1 or 2 may be missing the summary, even though they are hosted by the same person from the same account. There does not seem to be a pattern (as in, it's not always the first meeting, nor always the last or at particular times) but it's extremely frustrating. I've submitted a support ticket, but has anyone else experienced this? It has been happening to more team members in the last couple of days. 

10 REPLIES 10

JeremeBokitch
Listener

I am having the same issues, Is there a fix?   Or solution?

ColKurtz
Listener

It's a great feature, I've turned all my agency clients on to it and then basically since the new year, it has not worked or worked once out of ten calls. I have a lot of patience for companies rolling out tools like this but what is maddening is the radio silence. I've reached out to our (paid) account manager and he copy pastes a generic reply to talk to support. Here's the Zoom live chat support:

thelastjosh
Listener

Similar problem. Was in a meeting that I was expecting / needed a summary for, and then it doesn't generate / still hasn't shown up.

I had the same problem today.This is the message:  A summary was not generated due to insufficient transcript.

Is there a way to generate the notes after the meeting is complete?

Onnadu
Listener

Still a problem as of 15/01/2024.  I don't think Zoom offers a post-meeting transcript even if you have recorded the meeting.  As a workaround, I'm using other video->text services.

ColKurtz
Listener

Funny, mine started working again until Jan 10. Nothing since then, not even the pop up permission anymore. I had figured out, on my own, where I could find the completely mislabled meeting summaries but these stopped on Jan 10. What are you doing here, @Zoom???

saraCMP
Listener

Zoom Engineering is now telling me that this is happening because the Meeting Summary with AI is being started during the meeting, not right at the beginning. So if you take the time to get other attendees' consent and then start the recording, you can't actually use the tool? That is just mind-blowing. I'm awaiting a response to that question, however, this *MIGHT* be the reason some meetings don't record, according to Zoom.

HOPEProject
Listener

I too have received this error message.  Is there a recent update?

Bng
Listener

Edited to add: my summary finally showed up!

I am having issues, too. I'm not receiving an error message, but the entry in my AI Companion "My Summaries" is greyed out/disabled. This worked great when it first came out, but attempting to use it in important meetings is proving embarassing now.

ColKurtz
Listener

I was such a cheerleader for this feature, clients, team, then it starting crapping the bed and has yet to recover. Why did you guys break it, @Zoom! Everyone at my end already looking for alternatives like Jotbot that simply work and don't change UI/function.