cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to enable settings on Zoom to use Zoom's AI companion?

FcPv8DrT
Explorer
Explorer

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/16269138857229#h_01H9H953JKNXPKHZME709A7B8N

We are currently recording Zoom locally. In this case, I checked the support site. It states that cloud recording data and audio transcripts are required to use smart recording. Do you understand that smart recording cannot be used in this case?

Also, in the case of the local storage type, the audio transcript is temporarily saved on the Zoom side, but is the mechanism the same as the recorded content on Zoom?

Finally, is it correct that 'Content used to provide the service' is recognized as being discarded after the AI ​​is generated?

1 REPLY 1

Bort
Community Champion | Employee
Community Champion | Employee

Hi @FcPv8DrT 

The Smart Recording feature is currently only supported for Cloud recordings and is not available for local recordings. 

If you are using automated captions, you can certainly save a copy of the transcript before the meeting ends.  The transcript generated by AI Companion should be very similar to the automated captions transcript. 

Yes, if you enabled AI Companion for the meeting, then the generated transcript used to provide AI Companion features will be deleted from our system shortly after the meeting ends. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.