cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the host stop participants from using AI Companion?

tterrill
Newcomer
Newcomer

We generally love AI Companion for meeting summaries, but some users have meetings where they don't want AI Companion to be used at all. I have AI Companion set to not turn on automatically for the account. However, I am unclear if a participant can turn on AI Companion on their client without the host's permission. Is there a way to turn off AI Companion for specific meetings/webinars? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Correct - The host controls all of the AI functionality in a meeting. A participant cannot enable AI summary for themselves, only request. When they request AIC, the host receives this (or a similar variation if they request "Summary" specifically); if the host declines, the participant is presented with a "request declined" message:

marafinom_0-1717012568490.png

and correct - "Their own meeting" means a meeting they host; users may have AIC turned on for meetings they host, but that setting is not carried over.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

marafinom
Newcomer
Newcomer

When making a meeting, go to Options > Show and then see the respective settings for Automatically start meeting summary/questions. These two-settings are inherited setting from the host's user settings, but you can toggle them for each meeting regardless. When these settings are off, the host needs to intentionally allow the participants access to AI features, and they have to ability to select which meeting roles have access.

For summaries, only the host gets to decide whether summaries are generated or not, even if a participant has enabled this feature for their own meetings. For asking questions to the AI, the host can select to enable or disable the feature when setting up a meeting, and the host is also able to only enable the feature for themself.

Hope this helps.

marafinom_0-1717010253659.png

tterrill
Newcomer
Newcomer

I saw these options. To confirm, if the host has meeting summaries turned off, a participant may request that the host turn the feature on. Still, an individual participant (i.e., not a host or co-host) cannot turn it on as a type of local action -- such as a local recording. 

I'm unclear what you mean by "even if the participant has enabled this feature for their own meetings." "Their own meeting" seems to mean being the host. Or are you saying that the participant may have AI features turned on in their account, but that does not mean they are turned on for other people's meetings? 

Correct - The host controls all of the AI functionality in a meeting. A participant cannot enable AI summary for themselves, only request. When they request AIC, the host receives this (or a similar variation if they request "Summary" specifically); if the host declines, the participant is presented with a "request declined" message:

marafinom_0-1717012568490.png

and correct - "Their own meeting" means a meeting they host; users may have AIC turned on for meetings they host, but that setting is not carried over.