cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I to understand that AI now has full access to my files and videos for training purposes?!

2MariaWalker1
Newcomer
Newcomer

If so... not ok, bye-bye.  Whole reason here for privacy for clients!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN

Hi @2MariaWalker1 Zoom generative AI features are default off.

Customers control whether to enable these AI features for their accounts and can select whether to provide their content to Zoom for model training at the time of enablement. Customers can change the account’s data sharing selection at any time. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RN

Hi @2MariaWalker1 Zoom generative AI features are default off.

Customers control whether to enable these AI features for their accounts and can select whether to provide their content to Zoom for model training at the time of enablement. Customers can change the account’s data sharing selection at any time. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

How or where does one select to turn AI on our off? Is there a link?

Hi @Greg747 Our blog post has the most up to date information, including examples of how admins and account owners control these settings and what meeting attendees will see when they are on.

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

but how can i, as a free user, shut it off when i don't have access to meeting summary?

If it's not your Zoom you don't have any Zoom files to own or give or decline consent to.  I guess it might give people pause about whether they want to join someone else's Zoom, if they think they are selling any input you give them in the Zoom while you're on, but you could also just keep your video off and don't give your info out to anyone's Zoom you don't know and trust. 

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

ZOOM TERMS OF SERVICE

10.2 Permitted Uses and Customer License Grant. Zoom will only access, process or use Customer Content for the following reasons (the “Permitted Uses”): (i) consistent with this Agreement and as required to perform our obligations and provide the Services; (ii) in accordance with our Privacy Statement; (iii) as authorized or instructed by you; (iv) as required by Law; or (v) for leg...Acceptable Use Guidelines. You grant Zoom a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, subli...

Zoom does not use any of your audio, video, chat, screen sharing, attachments or other communications-like Customer Content (such as poll results, whiteboard and reactions) to train Zoom or third-party artificial intelligence models.

https://explore.zoom.us/en/terms/