Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ai summary

amr202
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi! 

I am trying to activate the AI summary feature on zoom. However, I would like to generate an AI summary without recording the zoom meeting. I just want the summary not a recording. How can I do this?

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7

Bort
Community Champion | Employee
Community Champion | Employee

Hi @amr202 

Luckily, the Meeting Summary with AI Companion feature can generate that summary without requiring a recording. This article can help you get started with the Meeting Summary feature: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0058013

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

amr202
Newcomer
Newcomer

Dear @Bort!

Thank you for you prompt response. Unfortunately, I still cant seem to find the option to enable Meeting Summary. The option 'Start Summary" or even "Ai companion" on my Zoom app when I start a meeting just isn't there. I have enabled " Smart Recording with Smart AI" so when I record a video I get the smart chapters and all that. But no summary. I have searched through all the settings and looked for videos on YouTube but I still cant find a solution. My sub plan isn't over 50$ so I cant get live support from zoom. I don't know what I am missing. My zoom is updated, I have a pro plan and AI smart recording works. Just cant seem to get "AI summary" to work. Any further assistance would be much appreciated. I am completely stumped by this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi amr202,

please check to see that meeting summaries are turned on.

How to enable or disable Meeting Summary
Account
To enable or disable Meeting Summary with AI Companion for all users in the account:

Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit account settings.
In the navigation menu, click Account Management then Account Settings.
Click the AI Companion tab.
Under Meeting, click the Meeting Summary with AI Companion toggle to enable or disable it.
(Optional) Select the checkbox next to Automatically start Meeting Summary for all meetings I host to have meeting summary generation automatically start for meetings you host.
Note: This does not require the host to be present, as the Meeting Summary generation will begin as soon as someone starts your meeting.
Under the Share summary with section, select Only me (meeting host), Only myself (meeting host) and meeting invitees in our organization, or All meeting invitees including those outside of our organization.
Note: Meeting invitees only includes participants that were originally invited to the meeting, as participants joining the meeting ad hoc (through the in-meeting contact invitation or sharing the join link) will not receive the summary.
Click Save.
(Optional) To prevent all users in your account from changing this setting, click the lock icon , and then click Lock to confirm the setting.

assuming that meeting summary has been enabled, you should see the following on your meeting screen at the bottom:

Eliot_0-1703603412968.png

click, Start Summary to start the summary.

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

Dear @Eliot @Bort 

Thank you for your detailed response. I appreciate you taking the time. However, the function "Meeting Summary with AI Companion" is simply unavailable for me under "tab - Ai companion". I only have the Smart recording feature but NOT the summary feature.  Please see screen image below. I am not sure why that is the case given that I meet all the pre-requisites for Ai companion. I dont know what I am missing. 

Your assistance is much appreciated. 

Thank you in advance

Eliot

hi amr202,

try signing out of the zoom portal and back in.

you toggle on meeting summary with ai companion in the first section 'meeting' which is before the 'recording' section.  screen shot below may help.

Eliot_0-1703683857126.png

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks, eliot

amr202
Newcomer
Newcomer

Dear @Eliot 

Thank you for your reply. The "Meeting", "Recording", etc buttons on the left hand side of your image under "Ai companion" are not present for me (see attached image). I guess the Ai summary feature is not available for me for some reason. Its disappointing. Its the ideal tool for my meetings. Would have been huge for productivity. I dont see any other way to resolve this issue. If you have any ideas, I am all ears! Perhaps there is a way for me to reach out to zoom directly? Do you know of any way for me to do this.

Appreciate your help

Thanks in advance

Eliot

hi amr202,

the requirements for access to zoom ai companion are showed below. 

if you meet these requirements, please open a support ticket with zoom. 

Contact Zoom Support - Zoom Support

if your account is part of an account that has an admin (or owner), please consult with the admin or owner to enable the zoom ai companion features.

Getting started with Zoom AI Companion features

Feature availability

Zoom AI Companion is now included at no additional cost for customers with the paid services assigned to their Zoom user accounts. For example, Zoom AI Companion features for Meetings are available to users provisioned with paid Meetings services. However, for a customer with paid users only provisioned with Zoom Phone services, such as paid users without paid Zoom Meetings services, those users will get AI Companion features for Zoom Phone, but not for Meetings.

If you are a Zoom One paid user, you get AI Companion capabilities for all services included in your Zoom One license.

For customers with standalone Zoom Meetings, Zoom Phone, Zoom Revenue Accelerator, or Zoom Contact Center paid services, your paid users will also get, at no additional cost, AI Companion features for Zoom Team Chat.

Basic (free) users, including those in paid accounts, will not have access to AI Companion features.* Upgrade to a paid account or license for access to these features.

AI Companion may not be available for select verticals and select regional customers.

*Note: Basic (free) users may still have access to some AI Companion features such as for Zoom Team Chat Compose on an interim basis.

Information for healthcare and education customers

Healthcare and education customers have unique industry-specific data security and privacy concerns. As such, for those customers with BAAs in place with us, certain AI Companion features will be made available once the necessary HIPAA compliance is provided for these features.

Currently, Meeting Summary, Smart Recording for Meetings, and Thread Summary for Team Chat are available for Healthcare and Education accounts with BAAs in place. The admin settings for these features are all disabled and locked by default.

Getting started with Zoom AI Companion features - Zoom Support

thanks,  eliot