cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Companion Confidential Data

jiaqiyu2023
Newcomer
Newcomer

We are interested in enabling AI Companion at the admin level for our institution (higher education). However, we want more information on how AI Companion collects info from meetings, chats, and recordings. Will Zoom share that info with third-party tools? How to ensure FERPA and HIPPA compliance? Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

VA

Hi @jiaqiyu2023 although we are exploring it for future, at this time AI Companion is not available for Education accounts. I recommend reaching out to your CSM for information on compliance requirements, they will be able to keep you in the loop on the latest developments for AI Companion in regards to the Education industry.

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Our university received this email today.  Does this mean the AI companion tool is now FERPA compliant?

image.png

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Munro 

As stated in the email and this support article, these 2 AI Companion features have undergone our HIPAA review process and are available for accounts with a BAA, which is typically needed for FERPA and HIPAA compliance. Other AI Companion features have not undergone this process and are thus not yet available for accounts with a BAA in place. 

wandrues
Newcomer
Newcomer

Outside of the FERPA/HIPAA use, the underlying question is still a good one, and I was hoping to get some clarity: I assume your third party AI partner needs email addresses of attendees and all recorded audio?  Is there a roil off/time-to-live rule for the content at the AI platform itself (eg, 30 days, 90 days)?  Thanks