cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom latest version doesn't let to change the size of the text when using annnotations

TeacherOscar
Listener

I'm running Zoom on Windows 8.1  daily for several years without almost any issue and I've just updated Zoom to version 5.16.1. This version redesigned the annotation tool bar. It's great you can place it vertical but now I have a problem: I can't change the size of the text as I used to do it in the previous versions. Is this problem a bug in the new version or there is a way to do it that I don't know?  Please help me solve this issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

InglesConGabe
Listener

When you are in annotate, click on "Text" then go down to where you pick the "color" click on that, then on the bottom there is an option to change the font and text size. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

HilaryC
Listener

Same exact problem since this morning. I logged a ticket. Waiting to hear back. 😩

Flowerscat
Attendee

I have this exact same problem - very frustrating!

I also hate that we can't move the toolbox to the horizontal position!

Repositioning the annotation toolbar is tricky. I have to keep toggling the docking option on and off, drag the bar close to the top (or side) and sometimes it sticks. Sometimes it doesn't. The previous toolbar was so much easier to navigate. Wonder why they made the change? The vertical option is definitely good though.

LAbare
Listener

Right there with you. The default text size for annotation is too big! We need our size options back, please. 🙂

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Although this community forum is useful, the best way to get traction on an issue is through Zoom's official feedback process.

"Zoom welcomes your ideas, requests or comments about Zoom".

Submit your feature request or complaints here;
https://zoom.us/feed

Regards
If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Clicking on feedback only lets me rate the whiteboard, doesn't let me enter the exact problem.

InglesConGabe
Listener

When you are in annotate, click on "Text" then go down to where you pick the "color" click on that, then on the bottom there is an option to change the font and text size. 

Dear God, I've been struggling with this since the update and somehow I didn't see it until you mentioned it here. Thank you, my students' eyesight will benefit greatly from this.