cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to "enable collaboration with users outside my organisation" for whiteboards

Caelania
Listener

I'm a self-employed English tutor and I want to allow my students access to whiteboards after the Zoom, but it says that the administrator (me?) has "disabled collaboration with users outside your organization". I saw someone else's post about something similar, but I'm still unable to fix this. Would love some help please!

7 REPLIES 7

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

This Zoom support article explains how to configure your account to do this as a Zoom admin.

Enabling or disabling whiteboard cloud sharing

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/15301061390093-Enabling-or-disabling-whiteboard-cloud-shar... 

Account

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. Click Account Management, then Account Settings.
  3. Click the Whiteboard tab.
  4. Under the Whiteboard Cloud Sharing section, click the Sharing toggle to enable or disable the option.
  5. If a verification dialog appears, click Enable orDisable to verify the change.

This setting allows users to choose which groups their whiteboards are shared with.

• Only users in the same organization: This option is selected by default. Only users within the same organization can access and collaborate on the shared whiteboard.
  • Allow sharing with anyone with a Zoom Account (same organization and external orgs): This option allows users to share with others outside the organization who have a Zoom account. This setting applies to whiteboards created both in-meeting and out-of-meeting.

Admins also have the ability to control whether users within your organization can collaborate on whiteboards hosted outside of the organization.

• Allow users in your organization to collaborate on boards outside your organization (out-of-meeting): This option allows or restricts collaborating on boards hosted/owned by other organizations outside of meetings.
  • For in-meeting restrictions, visit Meeting settings: This will bring you to the Meeting settings where you can disable or enable whiteboard sharing for meeting participants

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Caelania
Listener

Hi,

Thanks for the response! I followed these instructions, but it still won't let me share the whiteboard with the student. It still says "Board owner has disabled collaboration with users outside your organization."

garrettn
Listener

I've followed these instructions, restarted Zoom, and still cannot share whiteboards with users outside my organization. 

strangel00p
Listener

This feels just like Microsoft authentication hell. 😑

TG533
Listener

Please note Frank-TB's directions refer to making setting changes via the Zoom Admin account. This means you may have to contact whoever manages the settings for the entire Zoom domain (e.g., a school system or a university, or a corporation). There are master settings in the domain account that dictate what is and what is not available to general users within the account.

Frank_TB

Hello,

There are two parts to this. 

1) In the instructions above an owner or an admin needs t make this possible under the global account settings.

2) The meeting settings need to set to allow it as well. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/15300512920973#h_01GZ2RQ3Z05TS1M3QC4V09B9FX 

If both sets of conditions are not met it will not work.

Refer to the support articles for more details.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

What if you want to share an out of meeting whiteboard?

In that case there is no meeting, the settings of which you can change.

I set everything I could find to allow outisde collaboration (in the out of meeting whiteboard settings) and it still doesn't work.

The message has changed though. Now it says that 'Board owner has disabled collaboration with users outside of your organization"