cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent The New Whiteboard from Hijacking of your meeting

BradWTNN
Listener
Prevent Hijacking with people using Whiteboard in Zoom Meeting. People with Zoom Version 5.10.3, That was released on April 18th, 2022.
Since the ad for the feature shows up in every client that updates, someone is sure to do an "OOh, I wonder what this is."

Admin Settings:

Login to Zoom Portal , Then Under Admin , Account Management , Account Settings. Then click on Whiteboard (New) at top , Their is the setting you would need to disable to get the options to disable. Push slider to the left and disable. Then push the lock on all 3 options.
In meeting whiteboard (NEW)
Out-of-Meeting Whiteboard (NEW)
Whiteboard cloud sharing

Hope this helps, They will not be able to Hijack meeting with Whiteboard Moving forward.

Love & Service
Brad W. , Tampa Nightly Newcomers Zoom
Zoom WhiteBoard Hijacking.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

MicahHoffman
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi Brad,

I love that you shared this find!

There is also a less invasive way to do this, that will still allow whiteboard use when desired:

In the security menu during a meeting, you can uncheck "whiteboard" and then re-enable it when you'd like to use it.

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 11.59.03 AM.png

You can also prevent editing of viewers when you share:

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 12.03.25 PM.png

  

Thanks,

Micah

I have been using it that way a few weeks.  I prefer to disable the whiteboard completely and not have to remember to do that anymore....thanks to  

bradwttn

MicahHoffman

Also, I believe that if you leave it unlocked and off in the account settings, it will be off by default and can be enabled from the security settings of the meeting at the meeting hosts discretion.

kelskits
Listener

Thank you so much!