cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect Facebook Page to a Custom Live Steam

Meest
Listener

Hello everyone. Today, I have faced an issue connecting the business Facebook Page to live steam. 

So, I searched how to go live with a Facebook over ZOOM. Found info, created a webinar and pressed "Live on Facebook". But it provides me only to live stream on my personal page, not for a business page that I managing.  I decided to create a Custome Live Steam, but FB key is not working at all for ZOOM and shows me "Invalid error" 

Please help me figure out what is going on? 

23 REPLIES 23

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Meest, I'd recommend checking Facebook permissions. In order to initiate a live stream to a group, make sure that you have appropriate permissions. 

You can stream to your Facebook Timeline or to a Facebook Group or Page if you have appropriate permissions.

To check your permissions for a Facebook page
You must be an admin or an editor to stream to a Facebook page. If you are a moderator, analyst or advertiser, this page will show up under your Facebook pages, but you will not be able to Live Stream.

1. Sign in your Facebook account.
  2. Search for and choose the page you would like to stream to.
  3. Along the left-side settings for this page, click Page Roles .
  4. Under Existing Page Roles it will list anyone who is assigned any roles for this page and who has been assigned to each role. Only admins and moderators can stream to a page.

To check your permissions for a Facebook group
You must have admin permissions for a group to stream. If you have moderator or member permissions, you will not be able to live stream to this Facebook Group.

1. Log in to your Facebook account.
  2. Search for and choose the group you would like to stream to.
  3. Click Members.
  4. Under Admins & Moderators it will list anyone who is assigned each role for this page. Only admins can stream to a page.
  5. Click ... next to your name.
    • If you are a moderator for the group, you will have the option Remove as Moderator. You will not be able to live stream.
    • If you are an admin for the group, you will have the options Change to Moderator and Remove as Admin. You will be able to live stream.

You will also need to add Zoom as an app for your Group. 

1. Log in to your Facebook account.
  2. Search for and choose the group you would like to stream to.
  3. On the left side panel, click Settings
  4. In the Manage Advanced Settings section, click the edit pencil  next to Apps
  5. Click Add Apps
  6. Search for Zoom, click on Zoom, and then click Add.
  7. Follow the on screen prompts to authorize Zoom to have access to this Facebook group. 

Assuming you've already looked into the article: Live streaming meetings or webinars on Facebook.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

What's the solution for the newest update in zoom Feb 2024, No access to pages from zoom launch 

So...my permissions have not changed...yet...I can't select the option to do a FB Live to a group anymore. What else could be the issue?

danielk
Listener

I have a problem with Zoom not connecting with my Facebook page for live broadcasts.

I am not seeing an option for "Page Roles" Searching for page roles shows a "We didn't find anything" response.

Any idea how to correct this?

CNick53
Listener

Need real solutions... I've checked permissions for Facebook Page
I am the admin, editor, owner, creator and everyone with rights to my Facebook page.  I have been live streaming for several years and NOW... it only provides me the option to live stream on my personal page, not my business page.  Zoom support, please chime in on this. 

I have encountered the same issue and cannot get help from either Zoom or Facebook.  About to cancel my zoom account because this is ridiculous

I found a workaround for this situation since it seems like Zoom is clueless. I created a different FB account using a completely different email. I granted page access to my FB business page to my new FB profile. I accepted the invite and tried live stream to FB via Zoom logged in to the new account. Viola! It worked perfectly. Not sure when Zoom will get their act together regarding my long-time profile that I've had for 10 years, but the new one with no friends works.

Thanks everyone for your community updates and troubleshooting.
This has been a cumbersome and mentally exhausting task to figure out. Zoom is no longer my host for live calls, nor conferencing. I've moved on. (It's very disheartening and unfortunate to have had a service for years, only to be left to navigate on my own for a business solution. 
The lack of genuine customer support was where I decided to draw the line. 
All the best to you and those in the Zoom community. 

gwenrichardson
Attendee

I am having a similar problem and this problem occurred before about a year ago.  The business page where I live stream from Facebook, which I've been using for live Zooms for almost four years, is not showing up on my listing when I try going live. It's my primary business page where I have almost 100K followers. The other ones with a few followers are on the list, but not the main one.

It's not a settings problem because none of the settings have been changed. It's a problem between Zoom and FB. It happened a year ago and took a couple of days for it to be resolved. I need to check my emails with support to find out how I was able to get it looked at and fixed. I go live every Tuesday evening for two hours and have for almost two years. When I find the relevant email address, I will post it.

edleary
Listener

I am having the exact same problem. It's not listing my page as an option and I am the only owner, admin, etc of my page. 

This same thing happened last September. Zoom tech support kept sending emails with solutions that didn't solve the problem. It was finally resolved within a few days, I believe because enough people spoke up about the same problem. I'm considering using StreamYard which I'm told doesn't have these glitches. But I hate to make the change after having done weekly live Zoom presentations for nearly four years.

Plus - you can't really have the group experience with streamyard. 

This is so untimely and frustrating. We are here in the Zoom Community troubleshooting our own technical issue with no responses from the Zoom Support team. 😣 I've sent an inquiry via Messenger on the Zoom FB Page and no response.
My temporary solution has been StreamYard (free service). I tried it over a year ago for a pre-recorded experience. After a quick youtube tutorial, it is very easy to navigate. With the free service, I can't save any of my livestreams. It's a bummer for now, but I've chosen to navigate this setback with continue livestreams on StreamYard.  Trying to wait out this mysterious setback between Zoom and FB.... but genuinely reconsidering how to move forward without appropriate Zoom support. Best wishes to you all. Thanks for your valuable input as well. 

I found a workaround for this situation since it seems like Zoom is clueless. I created a different FB account using a completely different email. I granted page access to my FB business page to my new FB profile. I accepted the invite and tried live stream to FB via Zoom logged in to the new account. Viola! It worked perfectly. Not sure when Zoom will get their act together regarding my long-time profile that I've had for 10 years, but the new one with no friends works.

I did this too but I have probably 30 or so fake account so people will ban my new one. 

snowjunkie21
Listener

Spent over an hour with Zoom this am and no resolve. The searched privacy policies and nothing is working. They left it at that. 

CNick53
Listener

🤔WOW.... unbelievable.

lindabcreations
Listener

I have been having the same issue. It started last Monday, February 5th, and it happened again tonight.  I am the admin for my Facebook business page and have been able to live stream for several years with no issues.  Now my page does not event appear as an option.  I tried the chat support but didn't get any help.  My settings allow me to go live on Facebook and YouTube and now I cannot.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

miriamcas
Listener

Just wanted to log I am having the same issue the past few days & there seems to be no way around it...
I can stream to my other pages, but not my main one. All settings & permissions are correct.
Hoping it magically resolves itself soon... 

amberkw77
Listener

I had this same issue.  While not ideal, the only solution I could find was to remove the page from my business account.  To do that I had to disconnect from the business Instagram page.  I spent hours on the chat support with Zoom and they never understood my issue.  I was getting frantic since I had a livestream that was supposed to happen.  If someone comes up with something better, please share. 

I livestream to Facebook, not IG. Removing my page from my business account would effectively kill my business since I have nearly 100K followers on the page that I live-streamed on until this recent problem. Would you give up 100K followers?

Same.  I livestream to Facebook but had my IG/Facebook accounts linked in Meta Business Suite.  Making this change didn't impact my followers.  They didn't notice a change.  I simply noticed that in my Meta Business Suite those pages listed under my "business account" didn't show up for a Zoom livestream but those listed under "my account" did.  It wasn't ideal for me to unlink the two pages and it will impact some of the functionality in Meta Business Suite but it did allow me to livestream.  Again, not an ideal fix and hopefully Zoom and/or Meta can fix the issue so that those accounts under the business account in Meta Business Suite available for Zoom livestream but for now this is something that worked for me and wanted to share with other in case it worked for them. 

katoubree
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

i have the same issue, but i test it with a test page, and I see to lose all access to my administrateur if I disconnect. I'm too nervous to that and lose all my work on my page that I have since 8 years and a lot of followers.  really hoping that a solution will be find to resolve the issue.