cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some of your Zoom Rooms devices need to be upgraded to join this meeting

ChillyAutumn
Listener

We have 3 Zoom Room's (2 using Yealink A20 video conferencing systems - bar and tablet), and the other is on a PC. The PC one is fine, but the 2 Yealink A20's both have the message pictured (and the subject of this post).

All are on the latest firmware and it will not let me do any meetings either between them or externally. Even if I just do 'Meet Now' with no invitees I get the error 'Some of your Zoom Rooms Devices need to be upgraded to join this meeting. Please contact IT for assistance'

Firmware versions:

Yealink MeetingBar A20 - Firmware: 5.14.5

CTP18: Firmware version 5.3.0

Yealink MeetingBar A20 - Firmware: 5.14.5

CTP18: Firmware version 5.3.0

Can anyone help me do this! I have some really urgent meetings that we've had to cancel because of this! I have NO option to upgrade the firmware any higher on any of the devices listed above.

I suspect the issue is the firmware on the tablets (CTP18) is not supported, but it's not giving me an option to upgrade further? It says it's on the latest firmware.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ChillyAutumn
Listener

I have managed to fix this by myself.

For anyone using the Yealink A20 (or a similar Yealink product I presume).

The issue for me was the Controller's firmware was no longer compatible. It was on 5.3.0 but the minimum supported FW version is 5.4.0.

I navigated to the IP address of the controller and logged in (if you have never done this the login is probably still the default: admin and password 0000).

Once logged in I went to settings and then upgrade.

I found the file here - https://support.yealink.com/en/portal/docList?archiveType=software&productCode=99898a459cbd1a3f (I personally went for the one with the latest firmware version: CTP18-137.310.0.12). I downloaded the file, and then uploaded it in the upload section on the yealink web browser.

After about 30 minutes the upgrade was complete. Once this was done I then had the option to upgrade the firmware higher than 5.3.0 and it is now on 5.14.5.

I hope this helps someone if not all of you!

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Beverly31
Listener

I need help setting up my contacts

wallacam
Listener

We're having similar issues with the Poly bars across all of our rooms. The appliance and controller are both updated to latest versions.

NickMuellerZoom
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hello wallacam, apologies for the late reply.   I hope you've resolved this issue already, but if not, a few points to try:

1. As you may already know, a change in the minimum required version of the applications occurred on May 6th, and is likely the reason you encountered the issue.
  2. The Appliance, Controller(s) and any Scheduling Display(s) must all be updated to at least the minimum required version.  Might you have one or more Scheduling Display(s) associated with those Zoom Rooms?
  3. You noted that "the appliance and controller are both updated to latest versions" - I would just advise you to cross-check with the link above to ensure they are both actually above the minimum required version (as of May 6th, that would be Zoom Rooms for Appliances 5.11.3 and Zoom Rooms Controller for Android 5.4.0 - I am assuming you have Poly TC8 controllers).  I say this because some customers have found their Poly appliances are not communicating with Zoom Device Management (ZDM) properly, so Zoom admin portal does not offer an upgrade option, even if the devices are out of date.
    1. The best way to see if a device is communicating with ZDM is to go to Zoom admin portal > Device Management > Device List and ensure your devices have the "ZDM" badge underneath their icon.  If you find a device is unexpectedly not communicating with ZDM, your best bet is first to do a manual firmware upgrade from the device web GUI.  Check again perhaps 15 minutes after the upgrade completes.  If that doesn't clear the issue, the "next step" is to open a ticket with the device vendor (Poly, in this case) - the functions that connect to ZDM are actually part of the device firmware, not the Zoom Rooms or Zoom Rooms Controller apps.  FYI, vendor support will likely ask for device firmware logs taken from the device web GUI.  They can help you diagnose and resolve the issue.

I see lower in the thread you resolved your issue, sorry for the late reply spam.

JoanthanC
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Same here with some DTen displays😋

NickMuellerZoom
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hello JoanthanC, apologies for the late reply.   I hope you've resolved this issue already, but if not, a few points to try:

1. As you may already know, a change in the minimum required version of the applications occurred on May 6th, and is likely the reason you encountered the issue.
  2. The Appliance, Controller(s) and any Scheduling Display(s) must all be updated to at least the minimum required version.  Might you have one or more Scheduling Display(s) associated with those Zoom Rooms?

I see lower in the thread you resolved your issue, sorry for the late reply spam.

NobleCountyIT
Listener

We have the same issue with Poly G7500 units.  We just upgraded our G7500 unit firmware to VideoOS V4.0.1 and our Zoom Room software to 5.14.5.2936

We have a pretty simple setup - the G7500 with a single EagleEye IV camera.  We get audio from an external mixer via the audio input (no mic), use an HDMI TV for video out, and control the room with an Android device. Our Android device is running Room Controller app version 5.14.5

We have no idea what device needs to be upgraded, nor what version may be needed.  At this point, our Zoom Rooms are dead in the water.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Apparently we had some iPad devices that were still associated with each Room.  Upgrading them is not an option for various reasons.  We removed them completely from the Zoom account and are able to control the room from the Windows and Android apps now.

RandyYount
Listener

All five our Zoom Rooms melted down today.  Three Windows PC rooms and two running Mac OS.  All of the Rooms are running iPad controllers and iPad scheduling displays.  I've literally been fixing these rooms for the past 5 hours now.  I've upgraded everything upgradable (OS, apps, iPad IOS).  Rebooted dozens of times.  Signed devices out then re-activated.  The rooms will work on the first couple of tests, then after roughly 20 minutes they can no longer join meetings.  In the rooms with PCs, the desktop app crashes and to get it to work again I have to sign out, reboot the computer then re-activate.  We've had these rooms for almost 4 years now, and although not perfect, they have never behaved this way.  Someone at Zoom needs to address this and at the very least post a community bulletin because I'm about ready to ditch Zoom rooms entirely and look for some other solution.  This is unacceptable.    

I agree. I have the Pro version and it will not let me use the service because it says I need to update. I tried to update the software and it didn't work. This is really frustrating and embarrassing to a high tech company like Zoom.

NickMuellerZoom
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hello SEScience, apologies for the late reply.   I hope you've resolved this issue already, but if not, a few points to try:

1. As you may already know, a change in the minimum required version of the applications occurred on May 6th, and is likely the reason you encountered the issue.
  2. You noted you "have the Pro version" - I take that to mean you have a Zoom Pro license.  Were you trying to update your desktop or mobile Zoom app?  If yes, what happened when you attempted to upgrade the app and how did it fail?  I recommend you contact Zoom support for assistance: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003-Zoom-technical-support

NickMuellerZoom
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hello RandyYount, apologies for the late reply.   I hope you've resolved this issue already, but if not, a few points to try:

2. The Appliance, Controller(s) and any Scheduling Display(s) must all be updated to at least the minimum required version.  Might you have one or more Scheduling Display(s) associated with those Zoom Rooms?
  3. You noted you have iPad controllers and scheduling displays.  If they are older iPads, and cannot run iOS 11+, they may be unable to update the Zoom Rooms Controller/Scheduling Display app.  Unfortunately, we can no longer release updates that support iOS/iPadOS 8.x or 9.x.  This also affects iPads running iOS 10.x, though the cutoff is for a later release.  Please check your iPads to see if this is part of the issue.

RandyYount
Listener

For the two rooms running Mac OS, I've found they are stable (at least so far), but you have upgrade IOS on the controller and scheduler (if you're running one) as well as the Zoom apps.  For the rooms running PC, currently the desktop app crashes every time I attempt to join a zoom meeting.

wallacam
Listener

Following up as we were able to get this resolved today but it came down to our schedulers being out of the date. We had to get the iPads that we used as the scheduler connected to the app store -> download updated Zoom Room app -> sign it via activation code / paring key and that fixed our problems.

We use the iPads as schedulers but have the Poly x30 / Poly x50 and x80 paired with either a poly trio as the controller or a poly touch. For Poly's you have to visit the ip address of the appliance and controller and sign into the web based GUI to update it's firmware. You need to do that both for the appliance and controller. Once updated, sign them back into the ZoomRoom account. Then visit zoom.us -> admin -> Zoom Room -> find your Room -> you should have an update prompt for latest app version of the firmware for the appliance and controller.

This doc made things more clear in terms of what version was supported https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360059429231-Zoom-Software-Quarterly-Lifecycle-Policy.

JoanthanC
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Thank you this worked for us on our zoom room with the Dten board, thank you for the post👍

ChillyAutumn
Listener

@Anonymous are you able to help with this at all? We're paying hundreds of dollars to you and we cannot use the service we've paid for. This is a widespread issue it seems from this post and others and there is no direction on how to resolve this from you.

WilliamBlake
Listener

We've got the exact same issue and no clear path to a resolution.  Yealink Meeting Bar A30 with CTP18.

See my comment I just posted, hopefully this will solve it for you!

ChillyAutumn
Listener

I have managed to fix this by myself.

For anyone using the Yealink A20 (or a similar Yealink product I presume).

The issue for me was the Controller's firmware was no longer compatible. It was on 5.3.0 but the minimum supported FW version is 5.4.0.

I navigated to the IP address of the controller and logged in (if you have never done this the login is probably still the default: admin and password 0000).

Once logged in I went to settings and then upgrade.

I found the file here - https://support.yealink.com/en/portal/docList?archiveType=software&productCode=99898a459cbd1a3f (I personally went for the one with the latest firmware version: CTP18-137.310.0.12). I downloaded the file, and then uploaded it in the upload section on the yealink web browser.

After about 30 minutes the upgrade was complete. Once this was done I then had the option to upgrade the firmware higher than 5.3.0 and it is now on 5.14.5.

I hope this helps someone if not all of you!

Surger
Listener

If you have any other scheduling displays or iPad apps associated to the room which are not compliant with the Quarterly Lifecycle Policy, this could be causing the issue.

This can most likely be caused by the Quarterly Lifecycle Policy coming into effect on May 6th 2023 and iPad or android tablet apps not having the minimum version required

For more info see Zoom-Software-Quarterly-Lifecycle-Policy

dannyman
Listener

I asked for support for this and the guy was like "I would just reinstall the Zoom Room software."

Anyway, we have a fleet of older Mac Minis talking to a variety of iPads. All the software appears to meet the minimum version requirements, but these older Mac Minis are slow and top out at Monterey so I may try buying a new Mac Mini to see what happens.

Update: uninstalling the Zoom Room software and installing it again, (same version) has fixed this problem for me on a Mac Mini.

tuenguyen
Listener

I found the root cause and solved this issue after upgrade newest Poly Trio8800  firmware v7.2
Our VC room has devices as below : 
- Poly G7500 : firmware 4.0.1-380048

- Poly Trio8800 : firmware 5.9.5.3162

- TC8 : 4.0.1-211044

- Poly IP Table Microphone : 3.0.0.1133

Yesterday, I tried upgrade newest Poly G7500 firmware but cannot fix 

GGomez
Listener

Hello there!

hope all of you are well...

we have 5 zoom room kit yealink CP960 and all of them with the same issue.

after updated to the last firmware on the CP960 (and updated the android version) everything back to the normal BUT unfortunately the UI as change and is hard to said but the original from yeanlink it looks better for the users than the regular zoom home screen.

Best 

DarthMacGyver
Listener

I had this issue on Windows 10 ZR 5.14.5 with an iPad controller. Just updated the ZR Controller app manually from the iTunes store and it solved the issue. For some reason Zoom wouldn't auto update the app or recognize it was out of date.

@DarthMacGyver if your iPad was not enrolled in/for Zoom Device Management, the Zoom admin portal can't be used to upgrade the app.  You can also use your own MDM, e.g. JAMF, of course.