cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content share with HDMI cable in a Zoom meeting has a less resolution on far end.

sdas
Listener

Hi, I have a Poly endpoint Studio-X (running in Zoom mode with firmware 3.9) with Zoom app 5.8.3. When I join a Zoom meeting and share content via HDMI cable, the far-end content share screen has a poor resolution. When I share with the Zoom app using proximity, the far-end resolution is great. I am able to replicate all the time. Is there a limitation on content share resolution on HDMI? How to fix this? 

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

JonathanM
Listener

Well, I do know not all HDMI cable are the same, maybe you need one that is 4K capable?

AV-Integrator
Listener

Is it possible to share Zoom content at 4K? Make sure that it's part of the specification for your device.

I have only shared content at 1080P. In the content menu, there is a settings option. You can select a button on the bottom of the share options subpage. The button is for "optimize full screen video sharing". The optimize function will clean up your content a bit. You'll notice it when sharing video content with more motion like sports or fast moving graphics.