Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Migration from Chrome OS App to Zoom PWA required

Pat_laMorte
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Migration from Chrome OS App to Zoom PWA required -

We previously communicated that Google planned to end support for Chrome OS Apps in June 2022. While Google has extended this timeline, we will continue to prepare for this change by ending support for our Chrome OS App in August. It will no longer be searchable in the Chrome Web Store store after Nov. 5, 2022. We are asking all customers to switch to the Zoom progressive web application (PWA) before Aug. 1. Administrators can migrate all users with an account-level switch by clicking into account management, then account settings, and enabling the “Auto-launch PWA when joining a meeting on Chrome OS.”

Pat La Morte
Global EDU Solutions LeadZoom Video Communications
6 REPLIES 6

fcsdjc
Listener

I made this change, yet when users are clicking on zoom links it opens to the page that asks them to download the deprecated web app!

Freddi_G

Hello,

The suggestion had two parts above can you confirm below which part you configured?

1. We are asking all customers to switch to the Zoom progressive web application (PWA) before Aug. 1.

2. Administrators can migrate all users with an account-level switch by clicking into account management, then account settings, and enabling the “Auto-launch PWA when joining a meeting on Chrome OS.”

I have made those changes and yet when I click on the link to a zoom meeting in my google calendar on my chromebook , it still opens to a page that asks me to download the app from the chrome web store.

IS there another setting that I am missing?

Freddi_G

Hello, it is all dependent on the source account of the link you are clicking on. The host's account needs to have this setting enabled for participants to be force to use PWA. If this is the case then I would clear the cache of the browser and retest. At some point all accounts will default to PWA in the future for Chromebook so this would not have to be checked.

janicefrechette
Listener

Hi Pat,  Glad to see your name.  You helped set up our system when  the Pandemic first hit in 2020.  We have been running hard ever since. (Parentis Foundation) CA.  I am concerned with the new PWA requirements for all our older adult volunteers who have Chromebooks 9As well as the students using school district devices).  We have a Zoom for Education plan and I have the Allow account member to join from browser or Zoom for Chrome PWA.  I have this turned on in admin settings.  Is there an easy tutorial that I can share with our senior volunteers to make sure they update their Zoom app and download the correct version for PWA?  Thank you for your assistance.  We are currently hosting over 500 session per week on Zoom for reading tutoring. Janice

DF110

Hi @janicefrechette , you can share this link with your volunteers: Zoom PWA

After they have installed the PWA, they can refer to this guide for instructions on how to use. 

If this answers your question, please click "Accept as solution."