cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community / team building activity ideas for K-12 teachers?

Johann
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hi - a friend of mine is looking for community/team building activity ideas for a virtual group of around 40 adults (para-to-teacher program) who haven't met each other. Does anyone have links to resources or has implemented activities that have worked well? (no separate downloads or external apps please). Activity shouldn't last more than 5-10 minutes.  

1 REPLY 1

movingmazes
Listener

What comes to my mind is to form groups of 2 people randomly, have them meet for 5 minutes on skype or zoom (in pairs) so that each one can talk for about 2 minutes to present himself and tell what his "number 1 thing he would like to implement this week" is. Then come back to the general meeting. At a conference by Thomas D'Ansembourg, we did something like this but it was a real conference with real people. We did that with the person sitting next to us. Prerequisite : the 2 persons should not know each other. It is as much an exercise to present, as it is an exercise to listen silently, without interrupting the speaking person.  Perhaps even more about being able to develop the empathy needed to stay silent.
Just in case this helps, but i am perhaps off-topic.