cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail email delivery

bellyflop
Listener

Hi!

I work in the IT department for my company. We depend on getting emails containing voicemail. We received a ticket this morning that some people had left voicemail that the appropriate recipients didn't get. There were 16 voicemails recorded for one of our user accounts. I did a Message Trace in Office 365 and only 14 emails arrived from Zoom for that associated email account. I have no way of knowing if Zoom failed to send the emails or if Office365 silently dropped them.

Is it possible to get email delivery reports from Zoom? It would be great if I could send such a thing to Microsoft support and ask why they're dropping our emails, if that's the case.

7 REPLIES 7

jpinkney
Listener

We are also having this issue.  The voicemail is available in the zoom app, but the user was not notified via email.  I checked the exchange 365 logs and there was no email sent to the user from no-reply@zoom.us for that user.  It was not quarantined or dropped on our end.

amirahamdon
Listener

I am also having this same issue, does anyone know of a solution?

CloudCat
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Can you check the policy at an account level in Zoom web portal?

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360062520191-Changing-email-notification-settings

Instructions

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an Administrator
  2. In the navigation menu, click Phone System Management, then Company Info.
  3. Click Account Settings at the top.
  4. Click the Settings tab.
    Check these settings:

When users receive voicemails: Click the toggle to enable or disable email notifications for users when they receive new voicemail messages. Email notifications will contain the duration, date/time, and caller ID of the associated call.

• Include voicemail file: Attach the voicemail MP3 file to email notifications.
  • Include voicemail transcription: Attach the voicemail transcription as a TXT file if Zoom was able to transcribe the voicemail message.
    Note: Users can still view or download voicemail messages and transcriptions using the Zoom client or web portal.

Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 3.55.20 PM.png

Of course the setting is enabled. We wouldn't be getting any emails otherwise.

CloudCat
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

There are other settings such as "sending emails when numbers and extensions are assigned" that are separate settings from these which can cause some types of email notifications vs others.

I would open a case at this juncture if the settings are set and message trace in O365 doesn't show them arrive in O365.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @bellyflop, just checking in! Was @CloudCat or @aaroncoffman able to help? If so, don't forget to mark a response as a solution! 😄

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

aaroncoffman
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

@bellyflop 

Hello there!  I hope you're well. 

Zoom Support should be able to provide details as to what emails your organization should be receiving as well as when those emails may have been sent.  You will need to get a ticket open. 

If you have an open ticket feel free to direct message me the ticket number and I'll see if I can assist. 

Cheers, 

Aaron