cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make agent aware of number the caller dialed

ckoo
Listener

Hi there,

I was wondering if there was a way to make an agent in a call queue aware of the number the caller dialed.  For example, if we have landing pages with different numbers attached to an auto receptionist with an IVR into a call queue, I would like the agent to know which number the customer called so they can infer which landing page the caller was on when they initiated the call.  Am I making sense?  So instead of showing the call is coming from the "support queue" they it would show the caller dialed, let's say, the sales 800 number from the sales page on our website.  Any insights?  Thanks in advance. 

5 REPLIES 5

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @ckoo I believe looking at Call Logs and Reports may help you out here. Account owner or admin privileges to Viewing call history logs displays a record of all inbound and outbound calls that involve phone users in the account. You can filter data by date, direction (inbound or outbound), site, call type, department or cost center. You can also subscribe to email notifications for call logs. With that being said, within the Knowledge base article on viewing call history logs, I'd also get familiar with how to identify log entries , where I believe you will find your answer and call routing of the call interaction 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

gth2024
Listener

Hi! can we see the number the caller dialed while the phone is ringing? we have the same set-up as that original post. And we wanna see which agency/company they are calling for so we can adjust our approach based on that.

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi ckoo,

you could set up a separate a/r and cq for each incoming number.  agents could be assigned to multiple cq.

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

gth2024
Listener

No, it is still unanswered.

Each of our call queue has assigned phone number, we are also accepting calls from another phone number (another carrier, calls being forwarded to our Zoom number).

Example:

call queue:

803-1111-111 > assigned to drivers (Key #1)

808-2222-222> assigned to agents (Key #2)

803-4444-444> assigned to office (Key #3)

for our team who answers the line (assigned to receive all types of queues), how can he see that the caller dialed 808-4444-444? Is there a way to have that?

Eliot

hi gth2024,

this is a windows client screen shot and yealink screen shot from my demo system where the last three digits of the incoming number (111) or other web site identifier is displayed as part of the cq name - 111 DRIVERS.

Eliot_0-1707432472809.png

Eliot_1-1707433448115.png

if this works for you, you can set up two or more a/r and the associated cq.  for example,

set up 111 auto receptionist with ivr  key 1 -> 111 Drivers cq, key 2 -> 111 Agents cq and key 3 -> 111 Office and

222 auto receptionist with ivr  key 1 -> 222 Drivers cq, key 2 -> 222 Agents cq and key 3 -> 222 Office

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks, eliot