cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZoomPhone Poly phones firmware releases report

avshch
Attendee

How can I get report for firmware releases of all phones registered to my Zoom account?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

aaroncoffman
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

avshch, 

At the moment Zoom does not have a single unified report that displays what firmware is running on your phones.  The reason for this is that all of the phones within 7 days of a firmware release are upgraded to the current supported firmware.  If you're not seeing this take place, we'll be happy to assist.  Simply reach out to support or your account team for further assistance.  

If you're not having success there please send me the ticket number and we'll ensure this is escalated accordingly. 

View solution in original post

townsendwc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@avshch 

As of a recent update to our platform, the firmware versions can be found within the Admin Portal under Phone System Management -> Phones and Devices.  From there, you can export the list to a CSV file for better reporting.  

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

christtian
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi @avshch,

We list all our upcoming releases and their relevant notes on our status page.

When there is a new firmware release, we definitely make sure to have this added in the release notes - see our latest release as an example here, which coincidently includes a firmware update.

The best way to ensure you are always across the new updates is to hit the 'subscribe for updates' button on the status page, that way you will receive an email in your inbox listing all the new updates and new features.

Thanks,

I need the report of whats currently on my phones as in some cases the firmware does not get updated unless a phone is restarted.

ted

May I ask you a clarifying question?    If you went into Company Info and Account/Site Settings and then Firmware Update Rules are you saying you create a rule for a device and select a firmware version and are finding that not all phones upgrade to the firmware you listed?

I am not currently aware of anyway to get a report of the firmware on all phones without, perhaps, leveraging APIs like this one:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/phone-devices/getadevice

Kind Regards,
Ted

Yes it appears that there is no report showing Firmware releases for individual Polycom phones anywhere. Would be very helpful for troubleshooting when Zoom support asks which firmware releases a specific phone is on. It would require to check firmware by calling individual users and ask them to get into status menu of a phone. Imagine calling 600+ users asking them to provide the firmware?!

ted

I understand and let's see if anyone else has any other ideas.   

I would also encourage you to submit any feature enhancements to Zoom as well.    Please submit to Zoom Feedback .

Thanks for the questions and contributions to this community!

Kind Regards,
Ted

SeanGaines
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

avshch, 

I set the phone's firmware manually in the Zoom Phone Admin portal and then perform a device resync. 

This support article will show you how to set your Device Firmware level on the Site or Account level. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360054198852-Setting-up-firmware-update-rules

This article will show you how to perform a resync on the hard phones connected to Zoom Phone, forcing them to get the new Firmware Policy set above and upgrade to that version. 
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4402420238989-Re-syncing-phones-and-devices

All best, 

Sean

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @avshch! You have some responses to your discussion worth noting. Have any of these answered your question? If so, don’t forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

@RN I'm sorry that my response as a customer worth nothing to Zoom. I guess it would worth switching to another meeting provider like Microsoft Teams.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @avshch, I apologize if my response was a bit misleading. We encourage our users to mark the best solution that best helps you! If a reply was marked as a solution, this not only helps you but others within the community to find solutions that may be similar to your inquiry. If you need additional assistance don't hesitate to reply back to clarify your question or start a new discussion! Thank you! 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

ok no worries. I just did not see any responses I could mark as a solution. Thanks,

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @avshch, it's been some time. I want to make sure I understand your response correctly: did you not see a response to Accept as Solution, or did you not see the button to Accept as Solution? We just want to make sure we're on the same page as you and that your question is answered! 🙂

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

aaroncoffman
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

avshch, 

At the moment Zoom does not have a single unified report that displays what firmware is running on your phones.  The reason for this is that all of the phones within 7 days of a firmware release are upgraded to the current supported firmware.  If you're not seeing this take place, we'll be happy to assist.  Simply reach out to support or your account team for further assistance.  

If you're not having success there please send me the ticket number and we'll ensure this is escalated accordingly. 

Manish1212
Listener

I am HAPPY

townsendwc

@avshch 

As of a recent update to our platform, the firmware versions can be found within the Admin Portal under Phone System Management -> Phones and Devices.  From there, you can export the list to a CSV file for better reporting.