cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens when I select "remove" on a phone number in the "unassigned" bucket of my account?

Boyan
Attendee

Hi everyone,

What happens when I select "remove" on a phone number listed in the "unassigned" bucket of my account? Does the number go away forever and there's no way to reclaim it or does it go into some other bucket that I still have access to?

In the scary scenario (that's #1) will this removal reduce my total phone number of occupied licenses thereby freeing up 1 phone number license on my account? 

Boyan_0-1679768655015.png

1 REPLY 1

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi boyan,

Zoom support article states:

(Optional) If you want to delete the number and free up a phone number license, go to the Unassigned tab and click Delete next the unassigned phone number.

Zoom does not say what happens when you delete the phone number.  Please see what the Federal Communications Commission says about re-assigning telephone numbers.

Managing phone numbers – Zoom Support

To reduce unwanted and intrusive calls intended for a phone number's previous owner, the Commission [FCC] now requires service providers to regularly report permanent number disconnections and to wait a minimum of 45 days before reassigning a disconnected number to a new user.

Reassigned Numbers Database | Federal Communications Commission (fcc.gov)