cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User wants to download logs

NP90120
Listener

We have a user that wants to download call logs for her team but not access all other call logs; only from her team. A call queue should work for her but she wants each person on her team to have their own individual phone numbers? What's the best solution here?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

townsendwc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@NP90120 

I believe what you would need to do is under User Management -> Roles go to Phone and then Call Queue Admin.  Make sure the person is a member of that role.  From there, you should be able to go to Phone System Management -> Logs and only see the call logs for the members of your call queue.  Have you tried that?

--Bill

NP90120
Listener

Hi Bill,

I thought about doing that but Zoom said the user will still see all call logs and not just her own team's logs. 

townsendwc

@NP90120 
I'll have to test that to see what is viewable in the logs.  It may take a day or two for me to test it.

--Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for replying. I will provide you more information here to help with your testing. I know that having everyone in a call queue and granting the user call queue admin will provide her access to see the call queue log. But this user wants each member in her team to have their own phone numbers which means each person will have a call log. She doesn't want them in a call queue to share a number. 

Thanks for testing again and hope to hear from you soon. 

townsendwc

@NP90120 

Every Zoom Phone user can see his/her own call logs.  When you log into the Zoom.us portal, under Phone | History you will see all calls made to/from that person.  If a manager needs to review the call logs for a group of employees, the best method may be to logically group those employees into a site and then make the manager a Site Admin with limited visibility to that site.  This will allow the manager to see the call logs of any employee, call queue, auto receptionist, etc that is within that site.

As to what I originally thought was your ask, if I copy the Call Queue Admin role, I can rename that whatever I like.  From there, I assign role members and role targets.  When I add the call queues as the role targets, the role members can only see the logs for call queues associated to the role.  If the role member is also a member of the site admin group noted above, said member will also be able to see the call logs for all members of that site.

I hope this answers your question!

--Bill

Hi Bill,

So if we're using a call queue, and a user makes a call outside of the queue, that call will not be logged within the call queue's log but instead the user's log correct?  You mentioned a site and that is interesting. Based on my requirements, will a site allow the user to see only his own team's call logs while allow everyone to keep their own individual numbers? Also will using a site allow that user to see only his site information and nothing else?

townsendwc

@NP90120 

You are correct that when making an outbound call from your assigned DID, those logs will be in the user's call log.  With Zoom, you can select the DID of the CQ when you make an outbound call but I haven't tested if that will log in the user's or CQ's log.  That will need to be verified.
When you define Zoom Phone to use multiple sites, you have the option for dial by name to search only within the site or to search globally.  There are also settings to allow users in a site/group to only see other users in the same site/group.  Zoom Phone is flexible in that regard.

--Bill

So if I create a site for this user and her team, can I add them each to the site; then grant her access to view each of her team member's log within the site only?

townsendwc

@NP90120 

When you assign the manager to the role for the site, the manager will go to Phony System Management and then to Logs to see all call logs associated with the site.