cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Park music

financecsni
Listener

Where is the setup location for music on hold for Parked calls.  Found all the spots to set m

43 REPLIES 43

Kev
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @financecsni - thanks for the question and welcome to the Zoom Community!

If you're a Zoom user, you can change the Hold Music setting in your phone settings: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360028212652-Customizing-audio-greetings-and-hold-music

If you're a Zoom admin and want to set a default for all users in the account, you can change the Hold Music setting in account settings: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4402419552653-Customizing-default-audio-settings

Hope that helps! Let me know if you need further assistance!

Kev

Kevin:

Thanks for the reply.  Changing the on-hold audio does not change the audio for parked calls (at least in our system).  There must be a separate setting for parked audio

Kev

@financecsni - Sorry for the late reply; and thanks for your patience. I did some digging and this is a limitation of call park.

Since call park places the call on hold, it's supposed to use the hold music, but it will always use the default Zoom hold music instead. The relevant teams at Zoom are aware of the issue, but there's no ETA on when a fix will be released. I'll make sure to keep this thread updated.

I'll also make sure those two support articles (and the call park article) are updated so that this limitation is clearly communicated. They will also be updated when the issue is fixed.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

We need this also!  How has this not been able to be implemented in 1.5 years

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @jvogt 

HI @Nicole81,

Please submit the enhancement request at https://zoom.us/feed so that we can get this voted up!

Referencing this Post in the request you submit is a good idea to have it categorized the same way and show popular demand!

Thank!

Craig

I've submitted my feedback (has to be done via the app now). Seems like Zoom doesn't really care if we are able to play/disable our music or not... like this issue is a black hole for them. I guess I'll communicate it as such to our shareholders.

Ry
Attendee

@Kevand @financecsni , this is really important for us too. We're rolling out Zoom Phone now and found out the hard way that on-hold music can't be customized for parked calls.  The majority of our incoming calls will be put in the parking lot, which means we're losing out on a lot of advertising we were able to do before Zoom Phone.  I put an enhancement request in on ticket number 12213106. I would advise others to mention the ticket number if you want to get on-hold music added for parked calls.

JennD
Listener

@Kev@financecsni and@Ry  I completely agree and support pushing forward the request on ticket number 12213106 as soon as possible.  While customers are sometimes placed on a brief hold, they are more often waiting for a little longer period while parked making it the most ideal opportunity to feature our on hold messaging. 

frankpeake
Listener

@financecsni @Kev @Ry @JennD  I agree as well. Our organization would benefit greatly from being able to play our own hold music for parked calls, and this seems to be a standard feature in many other enterprise phone solutions. I hope that this is a high priority for Zoom Phones and the change is implemented quickly. 

Ry
Attendee

@Kev  and @Anonymous , can you please provide an update on this? It's been 4-months since the last update. Adding on-hold music to parked calls brings a lot of value to your customers that use the parking lot and have no way of playing ads during parked calls.

rel1028
Listener

I'd like to upvote this as well!  Big issue for us not being able to customize our park music as this is where most of our 'held' calls end up anyhow!  Please implement this ASAP!

Ry
Attendee

@Kev, do you have an update for this?  I've noticed that our internal calls when placed on hold hear our custom on-hold music, but outside callers when put on park still hear the generic Zoom music.  We've had a lot of feedback from customers and our employees that they want our custom on-hold messaging back.  It seems like an easy fix since it's already a feature for internal calls.

munderwood
Listener

I too would like an update here.  This is very important to us as well and we really do not want the default Zoom music for parked calls.  Agree that this shouldn't be hard because as Ry mentions, it can be done for internal calls.

Ry
Attendee

@Anonymous @Kev , looking forward to playing custom on-hold music for parked calls. Do you have an ETA since this is a known issue? We still haven't gotten an update in the past 8 months. Hoping some progress has been made.

Kev

@Ry @munderwood @rel1028 @frankpeake - Sorry for the late response! I just checked internally and there hasn't been any update on this. I reached out to the appropriate people to try to push this, as there are other customers outside this forum that's asking for it. 

Will keep this thread updated. Stay tuned!

Hi @Kev, any update on this? Another round of Zoom Phone updates was released in the past week with no mention of park music.  If you can look into this and provide an update we'd appreciate it. Thank you.

Any update?  This feature request has been pending for ages!  I can't imagine it would be hard to implement or even just use the SAME sound for both HOLD and PARK.  Very frustrating with the lack of effort here.

ndizz
Listener

@Kev We are also in the process of transitioning to Zoom phone and I have found this thread after becoming aware that our custom hold music is also not playing when a call is parked. A fix to this would be most appreciated for us too.

JasonT
Listener

I was shocked to find this is not a function on such an advanced phone system like Zoom.  The 25 year old phone system that we transitioned away from had this basic ability. 

It's not just music on hold it's a sales tool for us, our recordings had information on promotions, sales, etc. and was  a great way to increase business.

Hopefully there will be some movement on this in the near future.

bwollman
Listener

@Anonymous Any update on this? I talk to customers every week, and I recommend RingCentral, Ooma, Nextiva & others because they need this feature.

frichardson
Listener

upvote.  This hold music is obnoxious and makes the park function very undesirable for our staff.

Ry
Attendee

@Kev @vailhorn any update on this? Seems like an easy fix with lots of upside.

FORE-Craig

Hello everyone!

I would suggest that we all submit enhancement requests for this again! Apparently, the requests that we have submitted over time were not taken seriously.

Craig

Hi Craig...I am new to the forum, could you please tell me what I need to do to submit and enhancement request?  Our company just spent quite a bit of money on a brand new audio message...we were under the impression that it could be used for Hold as well as Parked calls.  Seems like it would be an easy fix for Zoom!  Thanks Craig!  

I believe you can submit feedback here: https://zoom.us/feed. I just did it again. You can send the link to this thread too so they can see that several people are interested in adding on-hold music/messaging to parked calls.

FORE-Craig

HI @Nicole81,

As @Ry suggested, you can submit the enhancement request at https://zoom.us/feed .

I also agree that referencing this Post in the request submit is a good idea to have it categorized the same way and show popular demand.

Thank you!

Craig

michael_b
Listener

Wow. Crazy that this doesn't work after so many years.

We just started to use Parking and it's nuts that it won't use the on-hold music.

Zoom obviously isn't taking this seriously.

kelseyp409
Attendee

Unfortunately I believe this is still an issue as I am not able to customize MOH on parked calls. Hopefully they will prioritize this as it seems like many want this feature added.

Ry
Attendee

Has anyone else noticed that if you call an internal extension and get put in the parking lot you CAN hear the on hold music? However, when you call from an outside number and get place in the parking lot you hear the generic Zoom music.  It's odd behavior and seems like such an easy fix seeing that it already works for internal calls. I can't believe this thread was created two years ago and this still isn't fixed. I, and multiple others, have also submitted the feedback form, but to no avail.  @Kev @vailhorn @_jppayongayong, what has to be done to get this prioritized and into the development queue? 

I hadn't noticed this until you pointed it out. It's madness that this still hasn't be changed after all this time, especially seeing as the custom music is used for internal parked calls.

KaseyA
Listener

Add us to the list of companies who are using the park feature of Zoom Phone and just realized that the hold message that we pay to record and upload isn't being heard by our callers! We would really like to see a fix for this soon.

It is shocking how bad the Zoom Phone support is.  We definitely would not have gone with them had we known even this one Park music issue.  But there are so many more issues that we get no support on.  Their support emails back every 4 or 5 days.  So it is literally 2 weeks before they even have a grasp on what the problem is and then they just ask the same question again.  Every question is another 4 or 5 days.  Crazy.  I feel like I must be doing something wrong.  Worst support I have ever experienced.  And that is saying a lot these days.  Patiently waiting for our contract to end.

jvogt
Listener

I didn't see it in any release notes, but our on-hold message is now playing for our park lines.  Thought I would let everyone know so they could test it out.

Just read down farther and verified it does work for internal calls but external calls is still broken.  We can only hope 2024 brings big things.

rel1028
Listener

Drats.  You had my hopes up. 😞

Ry
Attendee

You're fortunate your parking lot is still working. After the most recent release (12/18/23) our parking lot is no longer functional. We can park a call, but we can't pick it up. It says that there's no call parked in that location. Support has not been helpful despite this having a very large impact on our business.

We had this issue and it was due to parking a call at one 'location' or 'site' (whatever they call it) and picking up at another.  We had to restructure our system and only have one main site and split it out from there.

xponzoom
Listener

We also need to have park music customization as the normal call flow is to ring to a group of front counter sales team who answers and will place callers on park if they are with a customer, we really want the park music to play the custom messaging like we can with hold. It's important to use park as another rep may pickup the call.

Same for us at our retail store locations; a call comes in and rings all available phones (office & counter phones included). If needed, we park calls instead of putting on hold, so the call can be resumed at any of our 'common area phones'.

I'm currently trialing Zoom phones to potentially replace our current voip provider. Custom on hold music for parked calls is a BIG deal (like everyone else who has commented) . Zoom's lack of progress pretty much tells me to not expect it working soon, if ever.

Has anyone tried a workaround? I was thinking of transferring the active caller to another new call queue for specifically "Parked" calls. However, this route seems very troublesome with all the necessary tweaks to set up IF it would even work correctly. The other option I'm wondering is through the desk phone of choice. I'm using Yealink phones and found a setting the 'Music On Hold Server URI'. Since I'm unsure how to enter or setup a URI for testing, I don't know if this would work with Zoom as the provider and if it would play instead when holding/parking. 

Ry
Attendee

Good news! On-hold music for parked calls should be released in March 2024 as per a senior product manager at Zoom!