cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duration of Video Calls

LWEly
Listener

Our company bills our clients for time worked on their accounts. For this reason, we need to track the duration of our calls. In our Mac Zoom Desktop App, it's easy to see the length of my voice calls if I go to the phone tab and look at my history. I cannot find this feature for the history/duration of my video calls. Since we are remote, we use video calls a lot (where some companies may just use voice calls), and some of my users are switching to using Slack for video calls since it records the duration of the call. That is a struggle because they then receive Zoom calls during their Slack video calls. Is there a place to see my video call history similar to my voice call history?

I am not referring to scheduled zoom meetings, I'm referring to an impromptu call in which I simply go to my contact list, find the person I wish to call and click on their video icon.

Thank you in advance!

LeAnn Ely

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

niranjan
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @LWEly - Clicking "Meet with video" icon on the contact list will launch an instant meeting using Personal Meeting Room number and this can be tracked in the usage reports - https://success.zoom.us/account/report/user

Please note, reports page will provide the meetings created by the users - instant or schduled.

To get only instant meetings report, please use API method - Get Meeting Reports

This API will provide all the meeting types but you can use this data to filter the results according to the meeting type locally on your PC.

niranjan_0-1653282644234.png

HTH

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

niranjan

Hi @LWEly - Clicking "Meet with video" icon on the contact list will launch an instant meeting using Personal Meeting Room number and this can be tracked in the usage reports - https://success.zoom.us/account/report/user

Please note, reports page will provide the meetings created by the users - instant or schduled.

To get only instant meetings report, please use API method - Get Meeting Reports

This API will provide all the meeting types but you can use this data to filter the results according to the meeting type locally on your PC.

niranjan_0-1653282644234.png

HTH

LWEly
Listener

Thank you niranjan! I can see everyone's reports, and can double check this myself, but I would expect that users cannot see their own reports?

This would be a handy feature to have- my team must submit their own time billing reports and are not going to want to ask me to give them a report of all of their meetings/durations each week. (Nor will I have the time to run their reports!)

Thank you again for taking the time to answer me!

Kind regards,

LeAnn