cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Voicemail Heard Instead of Call Queue Voicemail When Transferring Directly To Voicemail

kmateze
Listener

Hello, 

We have a call queue setup with an associated call queue voicemail audio file. 

If we try to transfer a caller directly to the call queue voicemail, we encounter the system default voicemail (I can tell it is system default based upon the voice and scripting). I would've expected it to go to the call queue voicemail that we've setup. 

To add to the confusion, if a voicemail is left, it does show up under the call queue. The issue is that we need the voicemail they encounter to be the same one that is associated to the call queue and cannot figure out how to solve this. 

Does anybody know?

25 REPLIES 25

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@kmateze , if you are transferring from an IVR or AR(Auto Receptionist), the you need to specify the voicemail greeting to be used else it will use the system default greeting.

If my reply solved your discussion don’t forget to mark reply as the solution. Thanks!

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the -Accept as Solution- button below.
Cheers!

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi KMateze,

We 've never had the need to forward a call to a Call Queue's voicemail directly, however, I can understand the business case for doing it. I tested it with our setup, and can confirm that it did indeed play the default voicemail greeting, and not the customized greeting set up for Business Hours on the Call Queue, which does indeed play when a call is not answered. 

I would suggest that you log a problem with Zoom Support at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new

Craig

zac2021

@kmateze Kindly check on the call queue Overflow routing during business hours and closed hours which I'm assuming that it is set to Leave Voicemail to Current Extension. If it is, click on Edit then check that Voicemail Greeting is not set to Default. If it is set to Default, hit on Audio Library and select the custom audio you have recorded then click on Use the Audio then Save.

With regards to Call Queue voicemail, using the Zoom App, user can tell if a voicemail received was for the Call Queue by clicking on the Voicemail tab. The voicemail will have a text label like "For Call Queue Name." From a deskphone, there is no way to tell if a voicemail received is for a Call Queue or for user's direct number.

If this answers your question, please mark this as "Accept as Solution" or you may provide more feedback for us to understand more your issue.

FORE-Craig

Hello @zac2021,

Perhaps you didn't read my reply that I posted prior to yours. I have tested the scenario outlined by @kmateze on our system, and experienced the same results of the default voicemail greeting playing as opposed to the customized overflow greeting which is set on our Call Queue. There is a apparently a bug. 

Craig

zac2021

Hi @FORE-Craig ops, sorry for that one. Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your call queue please. Something similar below.

zac2021_2-1646948871183.png

If it is a bug, we will be more than happy to log a ticket for that.

Thanks

FORE-Craig

Hi Zac,

Here is a screenshot of the Call Queue that I tested with. 

Thank you!

Craig

zac2021

@FORE-Craig Thank you for sharing a snapshot of your call queue. Config appears appears to be correct. Please submit a support ticket here if you have not done yet or we can assist you also to log a new one.

FORE-Craig

I haven't already done so; I was just testing to validate what @kmateze was experiencing, since we generally don't transfer directly our Call Queue's voicemail. I will do so though. Thanks!

Craig

FORE-Craig

Hi Zac,

I submitted a Support Request for this issue also. The ticket assigned is #13784408.

Thanks!

Craig

FORE-Craig

Hello Zac,

FYI: I received a response from one of Zoom's support prize-winning support reps who didn't comprehend my plain English request with its referenced screenshot attachment, which, as they do in an over-flowerly way, thanked me for my request and gave me detailed instructions from the standard support site on how to set customized voicemail greetings. 🙄

Craig

zac2021

@FORE-Craig Apologies for that. I've added few notes in the ticket for our support team to check further and for the team to be able to understand the issue. As mentioned by @HuckFinn-ZP this appears to be a bug and has been reproduced in a test environment. I was able to test it myself too. They will get to you as soon as updates becomes available. All succeeding updates will be tracked in the ticket. Thanks again for your patience and support.

kmateze
Listener

Hi! Thanks @FORE-Craig  and @zac2021 . For continuity I have also included my screenshots to demonstrate that my config appears to be correct and yet experiencing the behavior earlier stated. I will also open a support ticket.

zac2021

@FORE-Craig @kmateze would you mind to please share your ticket reference number. Curious to see what the issue is. Thanks

#13779245. 

zac2021

@kmateze Thanks for sharing the ticket#. What's the call queue extension having the issue?

FORE-Craig

Craig

HuckFinn-ZP

@kmateze,

Good day. I have also tested this in my lab, and I find the same results. The default greeting is playing, and I could play the voicemail in the call queue.

The VM greeting of the call queue can be different depending on where the call originated. E.g., the AR is transferring the call to CQ VM, the VM greeting it will be playing will be the one we set up in AR and not in the call queue.

A good example would be the workaround below that you might want to try while our support team checks the issue.

I created an AR that will be an extension that the user will be dialing if they want to transfer to the VM of the CQ. We need to put the actual VM greeting we wanted to play. In this setup, the user who initiated the transfer should do a "Blind Transfer" to the AR instead of "Transfer to Voicemail." 

RomeZP_0-1647026362811.png

The direct transfer to CQ voicemail bypasses the VM greeting set up on the CQ, just like the AR transferring the call to CQ VM in the above workaround.

I hope this helps.

BrandonS
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Good workaround!  Thanks for sharing.

Thanks @HuckFinn-ZP for the info! I just want to share that my current configuration if you do a blind transfer the call queue voice-mail is actually encountered. It is only if you do the direct transfer to voice-mail. Additionally, if you do a warm transfer and nobody picks up, the internal user doing the transfer  will hear the call queue voice-mail but if you decide to click complete transfer the caller will get the default voice-mail. Just wanted to share!

Typing on my phone, my sentence is unclear above. If you do direct transfer to voice-mail user gets default voice-mail instead of call queue voice-mail. 

HuckFinn-ZP

@kmateze, Thank you for sharing the additional scenarios. It would also be helpful to share it in the support ticket you opened.

Below are the behaviors so far upon  my testing which coincides with your testing:

Blind Transfer --> VM greeting - OK

Warm Transfer --> VM Greeting plays to Transfer initiator + Complete Transfer --> Default Greeting

Transfer to Voicemail --> Default Greeting

That is correct; in Blind Transfer to CQ, the voicemail greeting will work, but it will also ring the available members in the Call Queue before transferring it to voicemail.

The workaround I have mentioned is for the users to transfer the call directly to the CQ voicemail with the greeting we need without ringing the CQ members.

Right now I cannot find a setting where we can change the Default Greeting for the CQ, only to the users' Default Greeting (Default Audio Prompt) we do currently have in the portal.

I hope this helps.

HuckFinn-ZP

Hi @kmateze,

You have some responses to your discussion worth noting. Have any of these answer your question? If so, don’t forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution!

Thanks @HuckFinn-ZP . I was thinking I would update this group before resolving this ticket as they are Zoom support team is still working on it?

zac2021

Hi @kmateze We believe that we don't need to keep this item open. A feature request has been submitted already for this one for our product team to review. It may take time on when that feature would be available but you can always follow-up with our support team using the ticket reference # you had.

HuckFinn-ZP

@kmateze , I am about to say the same as what @zac2021 mentioned. The feature request is the best next step for this. You might want to consider applying the workaround I mentioned above while waiting for the feature request update.

Hope this helps.