cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Name is Not Showing Up on SMS

HarvestCR
Listener

I've added the contacts I am trying to send SMS to to my Zoom account. However, when I start a conversation with them the title of the group message displays their phone numbers, and not the contact name. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

We are using a combination of Google Contact and Company External Contacts.

However, I just imported a couple of test contacts using the CSV upload like you did, and I had the same results as you. When I type the name at the top of the New SMS, or click the SMS icon from the Contacts (Personal Contacts) the name does appear at the top, but once I send the typed message, the name disappears in the list on the left and only the number shows.

I am using the Mac desktop app. This appears to be a bug for both. I would suggest that you submit a support request on support.zoom.us

In the meantime, you may want to import the contact via CSV into the Admin > Phone System Management > Company Info > External Contacts. 

I hope that helps!

Craig

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

FORE-Craig

Hi HarvestCr,

Are you using the Zoom desktop app or mobile app and which operating system is it? Where did you add the contacts (a linked Google account, Microsoft Exchange, etc)? 

Craig

I added the contacts through a CSV file upload. I am on a desktop, Microsoft Windows 10. 

HarvestCR_0-1644873524048.png

HarvestCR_1-1644873635594.png

FORE-Craig

We are using a combination of Google Contact and Company External Contacts.

However, I just imported a couple of test contacts using the CSV upload like you did, and I had the same results as you. When I type the name at the top of the New SMS, or click the SMS icon from the Contacts (Personal Contacts) the name does appear at the top, but once I send the typed message, the name disappears in the list on the left and only the number shows.

I am using the Mac desktop app. This appears to be a bug for both. I would suggest that you submit a support request on support.zoom.us

In the meantime, you may want to import the contact via CSV into the Admin > Phone System Management > Company Info > External Contacts. 

I hope that helps!

Craig

Jacqueline12
Listener

Are you still using zoom phone and did you get this resolved? Here I am more than a year and half later from your post, and it doesn't seem zoom has resolved this. I added contacts to my zoom phone account and when I go to text people, their names do not show up. And in the list of all my texts that have been sent, it's just a long list of numbers, despite that I have saved all of these numbers under contact names. It is very hard to keep up with who everyone is. I had to add the contacts in to the zoom phone on the desktop because there's no way to do that in the phone app. I'm not syncing any personal lines at all from my cell. I have to keep client info separate and only add them into zoom phone. 

Poundcake
Listener

This still seems to be an issue. We have site managers who text regularly with a few dozen parents and caregivers and it's a pain for them to switch between the corret text messages.

We'd really like to see text message history with contacts use the name of the contact.

Poundcake
Listener

I found out from Zoom's product team team that, for SMS message history with personal contacts to show the contact name, the phone number in the contact needs to be entered in E.164 format.