cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom spamming my email

araz7050
Listener

I am tired of getting this email. And there nowhere i could unsubscribe from this type of emails. Who nknow how to make Zoom stop sending me these emails?

Zoom Cloud recording has been disabled

Hello Araz,
This is a reminder that cloud recording has been disabled because your account has used up all of the available cloud storage space
Users who have Zoom IQ for Sales license can always use cloud recording.
7.22 GB (144% used)  of 5 GB
You can click "Upgrade" to purchase additional storage space, or click "Manage Recordings" to delete some files to make space.
 Upgrade   Manage Recordings 
Thank you,
The Zoom Team
3 REPLIES 3

jawadjj
Listener

Everyday, I receive a lot of spamming emails from the address ***********. I made the ticket to complain Zoom but did not get the good support as they told to me because of no-*********** is phishing email ( fake email ) and they also do not know who and where sent spamming emails to my Gmail.
Please be noted that I used my Gmail to register Zoom before and I see spamming emails are 3rd advertising email for Financial debt product, a block-chain, a soap or some study courses which I am sure they are true ( I mean the advertising emails ).

So, I want to ask :
1. Does anyone get this annoying problem like me ? If yes, what did you resolve ?
2. Is there any way to block all emails come from *********** ? as I used many tools and functions in both Outlook & Gmail and there is no good result.
3. If Zoom does not help me, who and where I can make my complaint in the next ? For an example, the US technology government or some one can help me work with Zoom ?
Because I must use this email for my daily Operations and I cannot give away it, please hep me

deriknelson
Listener

I had the same problem and it drove me nuts. It's impossible to contact Zoom, so I came up with my own solution. Maybe it will help you if you use Apple Mail:

1. Settings > Rules

2. Add Rule

3. Name it "Zoom Spam Emails UGHHH" or similar

4. Set it up in accordance to the following screenshot. Make sure you enter the subject line exactly as it appears from Zoom. The correct copy should be: Your Zoom account has used almost all of the available cloud recording storage

5. Now, only these annoying daily emails will filter automatically to your Trash or Junk!

Hope this helps, I don't contribute to forums very often but after searching and searching and dealing with these awful emails DAILY for 150+ days, I felt called to help rescue others!

deriknelson_0-1697695924996.png

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @araz7050 this is due to the accounts cloud recording storage is full. Per the Knowledge Base article on  Managing cloud recording usage limits

"Billing admins will receive email notifications when usage is almost full and again when the limit is reached. Users will see notifications in the Zoom client that cloud recording is disabled once the account has used up all the available cloud storage space."

Therefore, in-order to stop receiving these email notifications, suggest downloading the cloud recordings and deleting the cloud recordings  afterwards. 

I hope this helps and clarifies things for you! 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!