cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom freezes as soon as another participant joins

nello1
Listener

When I start zoom the app works fine, as soon as another participant joins my app freezes.

I can still see and hear users, they can still hear me, my video breaks and I can't click on anything.

After about 5 minutes the app breaks completely and I have to restart it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting computer etc.

This only started happening after updating on 1/3/2023. (last use was pre Christmas).

4 REPLIES 4

JuicemanNYC
Listener

I wish I had a solution to offer-up.  Truly I do because I can feel your pain.  The exact same think is happening to me only it started in November, 2022.  I have uninstalled, reinstalled, updated drivers 5 different ways.  checked on permissions, reset apps, made suggested registry changes.  cleaned the window system files. deleted caches, bought a brand new camera. I even tried praying over it the other day.  Nothing seems to get this problem to resolve.  Someone out there has a fresh approach to this or knows the solution.  Hell, I would be happy with some suggested new areas to focus on.  Madness is entering soon!

jjbutler83
Listener

I’m having this issue right now as well on a brand new machine. Interesting to see that yours was fixed after an update… mine are all up to date as of today.

Fredrick
Listener

I would think a tech person from Zoom would monitor or at least look at these comments and offer help. I have been having issues since March and I can't get a response from Zoom to assist me. Crazy

Durandal_
Listener

Exactly the same problem keeps me from studying properly and it drives me mad.