cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virtual background

Harleyguy
Listener

I retired two years ago, and during the pandemic, I was using zoom a few times, so, I never became an expert.  My wife is now starting a part time position, and will have some zoom meetings on my laptop.  I do have a Brio camera.  When I was doing my zoom meetings, I was able to click on some jpgs on my home screen, and use that as a background.  I have tried this for my wife's upcoming meetings  I have clicked on "virtual background" > clicked on the "+",  clicked on "select image" > and than I have tried to open the image I want on my desktop.  Nothing happens.  Let me know what I am doing wrong.  Thank so much.

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Harleyguy 

Take a look at this Zoom Support article:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/210707503-Virtual-Background

Especially look at “Video and image specifications” in the “Background image dimensions” section which currently says this:

• There are no size restrictions when adding your own virtual backgrounds, but we recommend cropping the image to match the aspect ratio of your camera before uploading it.
    For example, if your camera is set to 16:9, an image of 1280 by 720 pixels or 1920 by 1080 pixels, both being the same 16:9 ratio, would work well.
  • 24-bit PNG or JPG/JPEG image format
  • If you're not sure about your camera aspect ratio, use a background image with a minimum resolution of 1280 by 720 pixels.
  • Browse some of the virtual backgrounds Zoom has collected, or use these sources for other royalty-free images: Pexels, Unsplash, Pixabay.

I’m guessing that the image you are trying to select doesn't fit the criteria there. 

If that’s not the case, maybe posting a screen shot of the window where you’re about to select the image would help the troubleshooting. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !