cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

video preview disappeared since upgrading to new zoom program

tinlizy
Listener

I no longer get a video preview when joining a meeting since upgrading to 5.12.3 two days ago.  I am entered into meeting with my video off and this is annoying.  how do I get the video preview back on my screen before joining a meeting?

I have the same problem on my ipad upgrade # 5.12.2

2 REPLIES 2

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @tinlizy 

Have you confirmed the meeting you are joining has video on by default for participants? If the host has the meeting set to video off by default, you (an attendee) would not see the video preview when joining. 

If the meeting is not the issue, then you might need to check your client settings. Under the Video tab, ensure that the Always show video preview dialog when joining a video meeting option is enabled. This article can help you locate that setting: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362623-Changing-settings-in-the-desktop-client-mobile-a...

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

ck23
Listener

I have had the same problem for a couple of months. Super annoying. Other meeting participants (who have auto updates turned off) can still see the video preview. I have tried toggling the setting, trying with it both on and off, but it does not work.