cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

username

maracuyeahright
Listener

Hi, I changed my name once  for a zoom meeting and I thought I changed it to something else through settings, but whenever I join a meeting for class the old username pops up. Any help appreciated, thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @maracuyeahright thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! You can edit your profile in the Zoom web portal and that will impact how your name comes up when you join meetings. Just go to https://zoom.us/signin to sign in, then you will see Profile in the upper left. Click on Profile on the left, then you will see all your Profile information. Click "Edit" on the far right to make changes. Save, then you should be good to go! 

I would also sign out of the Zoom client and back in to make sure the changes take effect. 

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

Melthewoundpros
Listener

Hi @jeremyjustin 

I have followed all the steps that you have given via changing the name in the website and logged in and out. but for some reason my name is still reflecting as "ipad" when i join a meeting. Is there a particular step when i use an Ipad? Please advise and thank you in advance for your answer!