cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to register to a meeting and its not accepting the email address

MR1966
Listener

Hello,

What is the reason that its not accepting an email to register for a meeting ?

Thank you

MR

24 REPLIES 24

chrismenard7
Community Champion | Customer

Can you tell me the domain, not the full email address that is being rejected for the registration? For example, is it .gmail or .yahoo? Those are domains. Another note: does it accept another email address you have with a different domain? Thanks.

MR1966
Listener

Hi

Its a gmail email, we have 30 people registered with different domains and only this one its not accepting, so I tried with my private gmail account and I managed. what can be the problem?

Gmail

can I change my Zoom I’d after I set it up already in one name previously

chrismenard7

Since it is a registration, any chance the host had turned on manual registration approval and denied the Gmail address? If an email address is denied, you can't use it again. What message are you receiving when you put in the Gmail address? Thanks.

gmail addresd

MR1966
Listener

I am the host, the email was not denied.

the message is: this meeting is for authorized registrants only. please enter another email

chrismenard7

That explains it. If you are the host, you can't register since it is your meeting. 

MR1966
Listener

I am the host and I got an email from this person who is trying to register to the meeting (the meeting requires registration we have received more than 30 registrations) telling me that he is not managing with his gmail to register. 

I have tried doing it for him with link and the answer of error I got was "this meeting is for authorized registrants only. please enter another email". I registered myself with my own gmail and I managed.

So I dont understand why its not accepting his gmail .

I hope this explains better the situation.

chrismenard7

With the error message "This meeting is for authorized registrants only, A couple of possibilities. It sounds like he/she is clicking on a link to join the meeting but hasn't registered for the meeting. Another possibility is he/she registered for the meeting but is now in the wrong Zoom account. Any chance you can send me the registration link? My email is ***********  I want to see what I experience when I attempt to register. Thank you.

MR1966
Listener

I used the link and inserted his email and details and gave me that notice, and he is not registered with this email I have checked it. 

Whats your email?

MR1966
Listener

your email is not visible 😥

chrismenard7

cant see your email

MR1966
Listener

o

chrismenard7

I registered with no problem. I think the issue is they do not have a Zoom account with the Gmail email they are using. I tried, before registering, a crazy Gmail address that I know doesn't exist. I got the error message attached.

Thank you so much for your help! I will let him know.

MR1966
Listener

one more question: can I change settings so people can join even though that are not registered/signed in to zoom? does this increases the risk of outsiders popping in ?

Guitaraly
Listener

My email address @*********** 

I have two email addresses iphone ID and my other one

I’m trying to register for a slain account to try it out

Zoom account 

Trying to register for a zoom account not a slain account ( typo)

I’ve already entered my code  sent to my email but it tells me invalid email account