cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set up a zoom account for my 15 year old son

Brodycam1
Listener

My son is 15, will be 16 in May.  He needs to have a zoom account setup with his name for online driving classes.  Because he's 15 it won't allow me to set an account up for him.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JepZoom
Participant

Zoom is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 16, unless it is through a School Subscriber (as that term is defined in the Services Description) using Zoom for Education (K-12). 

But your son can definitely attend a Zoom meeting even if he doesn't have any Zoom account depending on the meeting settings of the host.

You only need to ask the host or the creator of the meeting to disable the 'Require authentication to join'.

JepZoomie_0-1650294522682.png

In that way, participants can join the meeting even without Zoom accounts.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JepZoom
Participant

Zoom is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 16, unless it is through a School Subscriber (as that term is defined in the Services Description) using Zoom for Education (K-12). 

But your son can definitely attend a Zoom meeting even if he doesn't have any Zoom account depending on the meeting settings of the host.

You only need to ask the host or the creator of the meeting to disable the 'Require authentication to join'.

JepZoomie_0-1650294522682.png

In that way, participants can join the meeting even without Zoom accounts.

Lol 😂 Someone at Zoom needs to rethink their program age limits. How hard can it be to add kid accounts under a premium member?