cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recurring meetings showing up on meeting page too many times

historydoll
Listener

I've set up a number of recurring meetings over the past two years. Until very recently, when I went to the "Meetings" page in the app, each one was listed once, which should be all that's necssary.  Suddenly as of about a week ago, each one is showing up on the Meetings page 22 times!  I haven't changed anything that I know of.  How do I fix this?  I'm afraid to delete any of the repetitions in case I wind up deleting the whole meeting.

Thanks!

21 REPLIES 21

valleyhaggard
Listener

I am having the same exact problem and it is driving me crazy! Glad I'm not the only one. I look forward to discovering the solution!

valleyhaggard
Listener

Ok, I actually just tried something that worked altho I have no idea why.  In the list of recurring meetings, I clicked a meeting that was showing up dozens of times, and then edit and then save. I didn't do anything else, but suddenly that meeting only appeared once. I did it for all of my meetings and it worked each time. Good luck! 

This fix worked for me too! Thank you so much for posting a solution!!

I haven't tried this, because the problem suddenly solved itself: I opened the app, and there was only one listing for each of the recurring meetings!  However, some of them are already appearing twice <sigh>, so I think the problem is coming back--in which case, I will definitely try your solution.  Thanks.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @historydoll ! You have a response to your discussion from @valleyhaggard worth noting. Has this answered your question? If so, don’t forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi, CarlaA.  As with @historydoll, the suggestion seemed to work, but now each meeting shows up twice.  They seem to multiply of their own accord.  

After the first suggestion, the cloned events did disappear, but now mine are back with a vengeance too.

Hi- the meetings are still showing up multiple times which is such a pain. How can I make it so a recurring meeting is only listed once- so it's a link I can keep reusing but not have to scroll through tons of repetitive listed ones?

AW214
Listener

I am having this same issue. I have tried deleting then reactivating the meetings and that works for about 24 hours. They then show up again multiple times (maybe 10-12). mine started around the same time as OP. It is very frustrating. I have also tried @valleyhaggard suggestion and that only worked for a couple of hours as well. When I logged out and logged back in, they were all duplicated again. @CarlaA any other suggestions??

This is only happening on the Zoom app by the way

Ugh. So my "solution" only worked for a few hours as well. Now there are about a zillion copies of each meeting showing up every time I log on. Out of control cloning!!

Same. Mine are back after having a temporary solution too.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@AW214 @GDB @historydoll @valleyhaggard 

Can you try signing out of Zoom and then signing back in? Let me know if that changes anything!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi, Carla:

Thanks for asking.  I did try that (signing out and then back in again), and that seems to have worked, at least for the time being.  I'm not sure why, but I guess it helps not to be logged in to an app for days, weeks, or months on end.   It doesn't seem to have worked for others, though.  

Best,

GDB

Singing out and back in did the trick for me when I noticed the multiplication of reccuring meeting events.

This didn't work for me. Can Zoom please try to fix this. I have several meetings that are weekly and it is ridiculous that you have to scroll through hundreds of meetings

NLAsh
Listener

Has anybody found a long term fix to this issue? It's super annoying!

berkeleyg
Listener

Hi! YES! Ok- so it definitely is annoying, but you must create recurring meetings in Zoom online- not through the app. Go to Zoom.com,  click on meetings, add a meeting, then click recurring, and then under "recurrence" the drop down option for daily, weekly, etc...click on "no fixed time."   Your meeting will now show up in the app one time. 

BLESS YOU! This worked. Thank you so much! It's a tiny bit annoying to create it through the web portal but WAY more annoying to have like 37 of the same meetings in my Zoom app. Yay!

this didn't work for me. still shows up multiple times

berkeleyg
Listener

Did you go to Zoom.us and schedule the meeting there?

Tried both. Nothing.