cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recording

Mongoose-47
Listener

Finished recording a meeting locally and waited for the recording to convert.  Then got a pop-up message saying Remove "double_click_to_convert_01.zoom" from your Dropbox account and all devices?  If you move this file to $Deleted, it won't be available in Dropbox or on any devices.  The choices are "Cancel" or "Move out of Dropbox". 

I don't know what this means but I do not want to lose this recording.  What does this message mean and what should I do?

Where is my recording stored?

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Mongoose-47, here are the steps to accessing your local recording. 

1. Open the Zoom desktop client and click the Meetings  tab
  2. Click the Recorded tab and select the meeting with a local recording.
  3. You can access these options to manage your local recordings:
    • Open: Open the folder that contains the recording files. The file format displayed in the folder indicates its type (video, audio, etc). 
    • Play Video: Play the recorded meeting using your computer's default media player.
    • Play Audio: Play the recorded meeting audio with your computer's default media player.
    • DeletePermanently delete the recording from your computer.
    • Refresh icon : Refresh the recording list if you don't see your recording.
  4. (Optional) Follow the steps to share a local recording if you want others to see your recording.

You can find more info here on Finding and Viewing local recordings or if you're having trouble converting you can look into Troubleshooting local recording issues

Hope this helps!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Where is the Zoom desktop client? Not sure how to retrieve my recording.