cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recording a zoom meeting

holly1
Listener

I am the host of a meeting and I work for company a.  i make one of my participants the host of the meeting and  he works for company b.  Can he record the meeting? if so, how?  Can I also record the meeting once i am participant?  if so how? 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

GreenMeeting_ca
Attendee

Hello, Holly -

There are some caveats about recording, depending on whether you're going to the cloud or locally.

Typically, the originating host is linked to the cloud recording: the recording will land in the original host's Zoom account, not the co-hosts.

We typically do it this way:

The originating host - the person who schedules and starts the meeting - records to the cloud (make sure to check the new Recording options in your Zoom account settings). The co-host records locally. That way we have a backup should the cloud recording fail for some reason. Always nice to have a backup.

As for participants recording, again you should check the settings in the host account, particularly the Admin setting that allows participants to request permission to record. Which they have to get from the host once the session starts.

Cheers,
George
GreenMeeting.ca