cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Failed to detect microphone and speaker. Please make sure your devices are properly connected."

Tonic
Listener

Hello, I've run into an issue with my Zoom meetings and my microphone. My computer is a MinisForum HX90 running Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2, and my Zoom version is Version: 5.16.10 (26186).

My Zoom was running fine yesterday, but this afternoon a pop-up window said "Failed to detect microphone and speaker. Please make sure your devices are properly connected." Running "Test speaker and Microphone", the ringtone plays fine, but any microphone I select shows the same frozen input level. The input level varies from 9 bars to 2 bars when I close and open the meeting or I reset the system, but it is always frozen across all microphones selected.

My microphone is a USB-connected Samson Q2U. Here are a few things I've tried to address the problem:

• Made sure I'm not muted
  • Plugged out and in the microphone's USB port to check for loose connection.
  • Restarted and turned off/on the system.
  • Uninstalled then reinstalled Zoom.
  • As per youtube videos, went to System > Privacy and Security > Microphone to ensure that "Let apps access your microphone" and "Let desktop apps access your microphone" are enabled.
  • In Zoom Audio settings > Advanced, I set Signal processing by Windows audio device drivers to Off (Windows - Raw). Hovering over "Test Mic" it says "There seems to be an issue with your microphone, please select a different device and try again", but the message remains the same even when I plugged in different USB microphones or used the default built-in microphone.
  • Updated driver for the Samson Q2U microphone
  • Checked for Windows update (there was an optional driver update for Western Digital Corporation - Western Digital NAS, I did it but I don't think that's relevant)
  • Tested the microphone by running it on voice recorders. Works fine. In System > Sound > Properties the slider on the input volume does increase too, meaning its most likely an issue with Zoom rather than the microphone itself.

I hope this information was useful. Please do let me know if I may offer further information to help solve this issue. Thank you for reading

1 REPLY 1

SieuGa
Listener

Before I updated to 5.16.10 (26186) (64-bit) version, audio is ok
- when I update to lastest version, audio is faile

I test the same Mr Tonic method, google Meet use mic ok, voice recorder is ok

- Only zoom can not hear anything form mic.

please support us