cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

male robotic voice announcing

jhkh1118
Listener

To turn off the sound effects when I start a Zoom meeting, such as the male robotic voice announcing screen sharing or stopping sharing??

6 REPLIES 6

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @jhkh1118, thank you for posting for the first time, and welcome to the Zoom Community!

Open your Zoom application, select your profile picture in the top right-hand corner, and then go to Settings > Accessiblity. From here unselect the screen reader alerts you would like to turn off. 

CarlaA_0-1689625359269.png

To disable sound notification for meetings:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. From the navigation panel, select Account Management then Account Settings.
  3. Click the Meeting tab.
  4. To disable Sound notification when someone joins or leaves, unselect the toggle. 

As a final step, please log out and back in to the Zoom app. 

I hope this helps!
Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I just started getting the audio notifications for everything, and the instructions here didn't help. I turned everything off, tried toggling on & off again, closed Zoom and logged out, but no luck. I'm always getting the voiceover advising about screen sharing. 

There are a number of different posts on the web about this issue from the last couple of weeks. Any idea what is going on and how to resolve it?

I am having the same issue. I have EVERYTHING turned off and still get the "You are connected to computer audio, you are connected to computer video" and goes on and on, and I can't hear people in the meeting talking until it's done. 

I was able to get to the bottom of this. I rebooted my computer, and then suddenly EVERYTHING was narrating. I had previously reviewed all of the Mac accessibility settings, but after reboot the narration was enabled. Turned that off, and everything went back to normal. Not sure if I just pressed some random combination of hotkeys to accidentally turn it on or what...  Hope that helps somebody else pulling their hair out over this.

Hi @JohnLaFon 

If you are currently on a Mac, choose the Apple menu from your Mac > go to System Settings, then click Accessibility in the sidebar (you may need to scroll down). Click VoiceOver on the right, then turn VoiceOver on or off.

Once done, verify if the audio announcements are still occurring during your meetings. 
 If still having the same issue, restart your Mac and do another test.

If not resolved, kindly check out this support article to disable screen reader alerts if you have them currently enabled - https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360048870451-Using-screen-reader-alerts.

How to enable or disable screen reader alerts:

1. Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
  2. Click your profile picture, then click Settings.
  3. Click the 

Accessibility tab.
  4. Select the check box next to each alert to enable or disable it.

If issues will persist,  kindly try to uninstall and reinstall the Zoom application by following the steps here - https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362983-Uninstalling-and-reinstalling-the-Zoom-applicati... and then make sure screen reader alerts are still off and then retest. 

I hope this is helpful! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

ReneeW3
Listener

I would like to know the answer to this as well.  Did you figure it out?